Saturday, March 29, 2008

Long Beach California (College Pk Estates) A Strange UFO Sighting

Posted: March 29, 2008

Date: March 27, 2008
Time: 5:00 - 630 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Long Beach CA (College Pk Estates).
Number of witnesses: 3
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Circular.

Full Description of event/sighting: On March 27, 2008, my two boys (11 & 6) and I were in the backyard of our Long Beach CA home, trying to groom our dog while watching T.V. My eldest son was the first to take notice of the object that was above our yard. The sky had only 3 bands of clouds that looked as if they were stretched from east to west, but most of the sky was clear blue. My son thought it was a balloon in the sky and asked me if I thought it was the same. I immediately noted that it probably wasn't a balloon. We watched it through their toy binoculars at first and then, since it wasn't moving very fast at all, I had to my son go and get mine, which are very good quality. Once I got them and looked, I couldn't look away. It was rounded at the top, silver and reflecting the sun as a Mylar balloon would, but this was different because it appeared to have three round lights on it, in the center of the disc. However, it wasn't a typical disk.

This object was rounded at the top, had the shape of an ice-cream cone and was unlike anything I had ever seen before. There was a disc that was completely round (I saw it from a vertical perspective - straight on) but underneath it was a triangular tube of some sort that looked like a funnel or something of that nature, the bottom of which was straight, not pointy and tapered down from the disc. So, it was a silver, reflective disc with a funnel shaped bottom, giving it the appearance of an ice-cream cone. It had three lights that went through the middle of the disc (white, red, white) that, together, were about a third of the size of the disc part, itself. The lights seemed to blink several times, when the sun was not reflecting on the surface of the disc. The cone part was hard to describe.

It was whitish on the edges but seemed to have a diamond or something in the middle of it that was visible, then not, as if the object was spinning, but by the time I noticed it, it was so far away that I couldn't be sure of what I saw. The time had to be between 5:00-630pm and it's really hard to pinpoint the time since we had been outside all day and with the time chance recently but the sun was not yet down. It was no bigger than a pencil eraser from the view in my binoculars so I had my son go and get my camera, next. I took about ten photos of the object and zoomed on it as close as I could and had it on the highest setting so that I might be able to see it on the computer better. Of course, I could only blow it up so big, but from the naked eye, it appeared as if it was a star or planet - so bright that it sparkled like a diamond.

Our sighting lasted at least twenty to thirty minutes and eventually it got so far away that it just disappeared from our view. The object did not get higher in the sky, but drifted in a south-westerly direction. I will add the best photos. You can decide if it's real or not. This is my third UFO sighting in my lifetime. The first was when I was 7 or so, it was a black diamond that looked like an upside down kite, with four sides that reflected the sun, so it was another daytime sighting. The other, was a green orb that flew across the sky back in 1995 when me and a friend were returning from Palm Springs at late evening/nighttime. It flew over the 10 freeway as we were going west, from left to right, quickly descending past some trees. Anyway, that's all I got, except to mention that my youngest son, (6) said "Hey Mommy, there's two of them!" and in looking at the photos closer. It looks as if there might have been even more than that.
Won't be going outside without a camera from now on! Thanks.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: