Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yuma, Arizona Naval F4 Fighter Pilot Watches Red Objects From His Home

Posted: March 21, 2009

Date: November, 1978
Time: After dusk.

Location of Sighting: Yuma, Arizona.
Number of witnesses: 3
Number of Objects: 2
Shape of Objects: Round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: My father was a Naval F4 fighter pilot at Yuma's Naval Air Station. We lived on base housing and our housing unit looked south toward the Mexican border, over a chain link fence and on the other side miles of large citrus groves.

My dad had a nightly habit before bed of going out on the patio during the spring or fall when it cooled down to smoke his cigars/pipes. My mom wouldn't let him smoke in the house.

I was 9 at the time and would not even remember the event if my parents and the neighbors hadn't made such a big deal about it.

My mom called me down from my room, out on to the back porch, where my dad was standing out in the yard instead of sitting in his chair smoking. They pointed to a bright red light hovering toward the mountain range in the distance (maybe 15 miles away?). It was large enough to make out a disk shape (not a point like a star, but more like Mars with a discernable disc). It did not do much - just hovered perfectly still for a few minutes.

After a few minutes a small point of red light descended from the larger one toward the ground. I think it joined again (that is the story I had heard from my mom), but honestly, I do not remember where they went. I was only 9 and quite frankly lost interest after ten or so minutes of standing in the cold. My parents would not take their eyes off of it though, and stayed outside in the cold air for at least another hour talking about it. I went inside.

One reason I have never forgotten or dismissed the incident, is that the next day, my mom cut out a news paper clipping of a boarder patrol agent or police (can't remember which) that was much closer to the sighting and he described in detail exactly what we had seen. The paper also said that a large number of reports had been made to the police and a large number of inquiries were also called in to the naval base dispatchers and military police.

We never got any more information from the base or papers, or news, so I tucked it away in my memory, and only really think about it when I come across someone talking about a similar incident. I happened onto another post on your website by (name removed), that seems to describe what I believe is the same sighting.

This event may have been military testing, or something covert, but it was not fabricated. Thousands of people stood watching something they had never seen before that night in Yuma, some of which were naval pilots and ground crew living/working on the base that shared their experience with my dad.

I only post this so that (name removed) and others who might have been in Yuma during that time will know that other people saw this as well.

Thank you to the witness for their sighting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Blog: http://hbccuforesearch.blogspot.com/ http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.hbccufo.com http://www.hbccufo.net http://www.brianvike.com http://www.hbccufointernational.org

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: