Monday, September 29, 2008

Sandy's Afternoon UFO Sighting - Thompsons Station

Posted: September 29, 2008

Date: September 11, 2008
Time: Afternoon sighting.

It was Thursday afternoon September 11, 2008. There were clouds in the sky of various sizes, shapes and at various elevations. I live in the country, and I was returning home from running some errands. I was about to turn left (east) off of the main circular road in my neighborhood onto my street which is a cull-de-sac with my home at the end on the left. The beginning of my street is a slightly higher elevation than at the end of the cull-de-sac, about 400 yards distance. My home is the only home on the street, and the lots in the neighborhood range in size from 2.1 acres and up. At the end of my street there are two white fence lines running south to north which is a horse riding trail, and right past the last fence is a tree line that also runs south to north and borders a farm.

It was about two seconds before I actually turned left that I noticed an object in the south east flying south to north. I had a perfect line of sight view, because from my elevated position the object was above the tree line and below the clouds. I estimated the object to be no more than 1,000 feet in elevation. The shape of the object appeared to be a combination of cylinder and cigar shape. The object appeared to be two-tone in color, pewter on the bottom half and sliver on the upper half. Neither halves were showing any reflection which I thought was strange since the sun at that time was shining through a break in the clouds from the west.

As I turned onto my street I slowed down and continued to watch the object fly in the same south to north direction. I ruled out commercial airline (too small), military helicopters and planes (wrong color), small private or crop dusting planes (no wings, landing gears, rudder or tail fins). The object was flying at a rather quick pace, but then when the object was right in front of me as I looked straight down my street, the object slowed down quickly and came to an almost dead stop. It was at this location that I was able to see the craft fully from the side and with much better detail. I had all of my windows down in the car (4), and the only noises I heard were the natural sounds emanating from a country setting...No cows were mooing and no horses were neighing. The object length was about the size of a chap stick held between my thumb and first finger at arm’s length. I would estimate the distance between myself and the object at less than a mile.

About two to three seconds later the object just vanished. It did not turn left or right, go up or down, or fly backwards...it just vanished from my physical sight. I then drove to the end of the cul-de-sac, turned around and drove to various higher and lower elevations in the neighborhood to see if I could spot the object again. I could not.

Sandy Nichols

www.alienresearchgroup.com

HBCC UFO Research - http://www.hbccufo.org

No comments: