Friday, February 17, 2012

Bright Orange Lights Hovering Over Boston Massachusetts

 
Date:  February 15, 2012
Time:  Approx: 5:45 p.m.
 
Hello, I found your website while researching recent strange lights over Boston and I wanted to share my experience while it is still fresh in my mind.

I will preface by saying that I am a pragmatic man, not prone to believing in fairy tales, ghosts, or any matter of so-called unexplained phenomena. I do not mean this as an insult to people who do believe, but merely as a statement of fact.
 
However, I must admit that what I saw just a few hours ago over the Boston skyline has so far escaped all my attempts at rationalization or explanation.

At roughly 5:45 PM today, February 15th, I was walking home on Boylston street facing Massachusetts Avenue after having just left the Trader Joe's across the street from Hynes Convention Center. As I walked, I noticed a quartet of bright orange lights hovering in place several miles due west from my location.
 
At first I took it for airplanes descending on Logan, since three of the lights were perfectly aligned with each other and spaced equally apart. The fourth light hovered below the lined-up trio, but was clearly part of the same formation. It didn't take long for me to realize that a) airplanes do not glow a bright, unblinking orange; and b) they were way too far from Logan to be a row of descending airplanes.

As I stopped to get a better look, I realized the lights were perfectly fixed in place and hadn't move an inch in the sky from the moment I caught a glimpse of them -- they were hovering. All of a sudden as if in cue, the two "flanking" lights part of the in-line trio blinked out of sight.
 
The middle light and the one trailing below remained fixed for a moment, then the middle light shot upwards rapidly and disappeared. After a few moments the low trailing light blinked out in a fashion similar to the previous two "flanking" lights.

I am an 8-year Boston resident and I've seen my share of low-flying airplanes, medical and police helicopters, and even the occasional military jet formation during Sox games. What I saw tonight was unlike anything I've seen before, in Boston or otherwise.
 
I started looking up videos and firsthand accounts of similar sightings, and to my surprise they seemed to match what I saw tonight with uncanny accuracy, brightly colored, orange tinged lights hovering in place for a moment then disappearing.

If you've caught wind of any other reports from tonight, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know. I need to know that I'm not seeing things, and/or going crazy. Sincerely.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

2 comments:

Matthew Phenner Giuffre said...

i'm visiting boston for the first time and the first night of my visit, this past weekend, my friend and i spotted a single bright, glowing orange light that paused, pulsed, moved in straight lines, the flew off into the stars and eventually disappeared! :)

Anonymous said...

15 Jun 2012, 10 PM. My 8 year old daughter and I observed 2 orange lights moving East to West in Trail over Bedford MA. When the lead light was nearly overhead it faded out. The trail light went behind a cloud and we lost sight of it. I have never seen anything like this and I know what to look for. I am an Air Force officer, have spacelift/launch experience, and am an Aerospace Engineer.