Monday, August 16, 2010

Orange Lights Over Longcommon Parkway In Elgin's Providence Subdivision Illinois


Date: August 14, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:30 p.m.

Saturday night (August 14, 2010) about 9:30 or so, my son and I were on my driveway on Longcommon Parkway in Elgin's Providence subdivision when I spotted an orange light in the sky traveling from the southwest, and moving northeast. As the first one faded out, a second one came into view, then it faded, and another one behind it.

 He thought it looked like fire as if someone was flying a hot air balloon. I didn't think so as flying hot air balloons at night would be suicidal. Maybe there was more of them and we only caught the last 3? It did appear to be flickering like a flame though, He took some pictures with his phone camera. Any speculation as to what we may have seen? Thanks.

Additional Information:

Found this website, this may explain what it was we saw. http://www.nightskylanterns.co.uk/products/sky-lanterns/white-traditional-sky-lanterns/

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at soccer tournament in Phoenix Arizona my soccer team and I were in the hot tub at night and we spotted what looked like 3 separate balls of fire they came by at different times. They passed by the hotel. Then they would fade out and come back it was creepy!!!!!!