Friday, September 30, 2011

Orange Morphing Light Over Norridge Illinois

Date: 25 years ago
Time: Evening.

My name is (name removed), and I was previously a resident of Illinois. When I was between 7-8 years old, my family lived in an apartment complex in Norridge, Illinois called Catherine Courts. One evening, we were invited to the house of a family friend. My grandmother and I had left our apartment, and were outside, waiting for my mother and father to come down, so we could leave.

I then noticed something strange, high in the sky. About 70 degrees above horizon, I saw what I would describe as an orange morphing light. Essentially, it looked a lot like a flame, and it would seem to change it's orientation, almost constantly. The object appeared to be no greater in dimension (in length or height) than the size of a penny, held out at arm's length.

I drew my grandmother's attention (who was then about 50 years old), to the light. She was as perplexed as I was, at the sight, and at a lost to describe what we were looking at. I remember her then suggesting that it was maybe a space shuttle. We looked at if for about one minute, before we had to leave for the party. I have been unsatisfied with the 'space shuttle' explanation ever since.

Out of curiosity, I decided that I would do an internet search, to find out if anyone that night (or any other night), in the area, had witnessed something similar. To my surprise, I found the post regarding a recent sighting in Norridge (http://unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com/2010/07/ball-of-fire-orange-light-over-norridge.html). The details are eerily similar to my sighting some 25 years ago. I find this to be more than just coincidence. I am compelled to file a detailed report for my sighting, on my next day off of work.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: