Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kokomo, Indiana Dee Jay For WWKI Radio Reports On UFO Event

Posted: May 3, 2008

Date: April 16, 2008
Time: Approx: 10:25 p.m. EST

HBCC UFO Research Note: The below report is just excellent and talks about the events that took place on April 16, 2008 as a Dee Jay for WWKI Radio was on air when all broke loose. JJ gives a great description of the events of that night in his report below. Also I am waiting word to see if I can get the recordings from the radio station. Brian Vike Director of HBCC UFO Research is looking for anyone who witnessed the night's events, from the sonic boom, lights, craft, etc. Reports of debris from the police and area residents was reported scattered all over a road. I also would like to hear from any police officers who attended the calls, or anyone with information. Please note that I will keep your personal information private. You can email me at hbccufo@telus.net or go through my website at: http://www.hbccufo.org

Brian, The following report is lengthy, but I wanted to give you as accurate a report as possible. I realize this is two weeks after the fact, but I just found your website.

I'm a dee jay for WWKI radio in Kokomo, IN and was working on the night of April 16th.

The explosion, or boom happened at approximately 10:25pm ET. I remember looking at the clock after it happened, because I thought someone crashed into my car or the building, and would need the time it occurred for the police report.

I stepped outside and saw that nothing was wrong with the building or my vehicle. By the time I had walked back to the studio, the scanner was going crazy with activity and all 11 phones lines were lit up. The police and sheriff's department were treating it as a possible plane crash and had all units heading south of town to look for a crash site, and to set up a crash perimeter. Phone calls poured in that they were looking in the wrong area, as sightings were toward the west.

I put several calls on the air explaining what they saw, or thought they saw. Everything from sonic booms from F-16s doing maneuvers and dog fights, to meteorites, to UFOs, but when I put a guy on that described the following, almost all the callers afterwards said they saw the exact same thing.

Most said that the explosion happened first, and shortly after they saw a big ball of fire in the sky, which broke into smaller balls and headed in all different directions. I thought that was unusual in that you would normally see the explosion before you hear it. Then they saw the glowing lights in a row, 6 to 9 in all side by side, appearing approximately 60-90 seconds afterward.

There were reports of debris on the highway as well as in people's yards south of town, but when the authorities showed up they reported no debris had been found. The dispatcher then told all of them to go to Tach 6. The search was redirected west of town toward one of the county schools, and then quit altogether.

We covered the event until just after midnight when the scanner died down and the police and sheriff's department had nothing more to report.

I later heard that a similar occurrence happened the night before in Logansport, which is a small town just northwest of Kokomo. The following night I received a half dozen or so calls that the lights in the sky were back again, but nothing else became of it. Then on the following morning my wife and I were awakened by the earthquake. I've never been in an earthquake before, but the sound I heard was very loud like an explosion. My first thought was that my dogs had knocked something over in the other room. When I walked into our dining room I could hear our wineglasses rattling together for about one minute.

I was on the air when the Challenger exploded, and on 9/11, but in my 25 years in radio, I have never seen the phone activity as high as it was on the night of April 16th. I don't know what happened that night, nor am I sure what I believe. All I know is that it was one of the strangest nights I've ever experienced.

JJ Davis, Kokomo, IN

Thank you to JJ for the excellent report, also permission was granted to leave the personal information in the report.


Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: