Monday, May 26, 2008

Tipton County, Indiana Ball Of Light (Photos)

Posted: May 26, 2008

Date: May 16, 2008
Time: 9:30 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Tipton County, IN.
Number of witnesses: 5
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Ball of light.

Full Description of event/sighting: I'm from Dayton, Ohio. I came to Kokomo, Indiana to attend my daughters graduation on May 15. The following night, May 16th we decided to go out and try to find a UFO. We saw one last time we visited on April 17, 2008 over the Kokomo mall. We were headed south on Dixon road at the corner of US 26. As I sat at the stop sign deciding where I could park, off in the distance I saw what looked very familiar to me. Ahead of me, looking south I saw a bright circular object that looked unusual. I had to work myself around the road blocks and then head out straight in its direction. I traveled a few miles. I'd guess 5, maybe. We pulled off to the side on a county road grabbed our video camera and binoculars, and cybershot camera and started taking pictures.

My son who is 19 was in awe of what he was observing. He video-taped for me as I shot still photos. His girlfriend, and my daughters took turns observing this glowing object through my 15x70 binoculars. It's strange how everything was appearing to us. In real life the UFO looked like a super bright white to orange orb and sometimes 2 orbs close together. Through the binoculars it appeared all different colors blinking like a strobe. My pictures were taken with a 15 x zoom and on sports feature(which captures action pictures with no flash.) The camera shot photos looked like lights spaced evenly in a semi-circle and some of the pictures have as many as 6 lights across horizontally. One has the lights in a strange pattern and almost a flame and smoke around it. We watched this object and taped it for about 20 minutes and tried getting closer to it. As we tried to we didn't have the field of view we needed to see it and were afraid we would lose it. It looked to be hovering close to the tree tops.

On one section on the video it looks to be hovering at least 2 minutes and then would go to the right along the treetops slowly and then stop. Then it would go at the end of the tree clusters and turn back and go left. At one point it got so low you could see its lights behind the trees. Around 11pm we had to go back home because my son had to go back to Ohio to work Saturday morning. Just as we were nearing where my daughter lives at the intersection of US 26 and Dixon road we saw it again only this time it was right next to us. We had just turned onto 26 heading east, facing the road block on Dixon road when my son yelled, "mom stop the van, there it is." I quickly pulled over and we all jumped out.

My son videoed taped it. It was heading out from the south going northwest just over the construction site of US 26 over the apartments there. It was a big ball of light traveling just at tree top level. No sound at all except us all screaming with excitement and amazement. It had to be around a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a mile from us because of the video and its position on it between the trees and Dixon road. I've been reviewing this tape over and over and trying to understand why a plane would be flying so low, with no sound over houses and apartments. I dropped my son off to his car so he could head back home. My daughter and I went back out to the same area on the county road around 12:30 and it was there. She wanted me to try and get up closer so we tried weaving in and out of county roads to bring us closer to the orb.

At one point, I believe we were in a town called Weston, Indiana, the orb seemed brighter and bigger and I thought we were getting closer. We tried to get even closer but a road with an arrow made me head away from it east and the time I got to a road to go back west toward it, it had taken off and the orb looked alot smaller in the distance. It seemed to be traveling really fast, maybe several counties away. I tried chasing it and ended up in Russiaville. I lost it. I stopped all along the way and took pictures of what was a strange red strobe flashing in the night sky that seemed to be associated with the now smaller orb in the distance. Anyway, I'll be trying to eliminate airports and air craft flying in the vicinity of our sighting. Also, I would like to add that the object looked somewhat like the persons video on Youtube from Denver, Indiana in January 2008. It only appeared that way though through the binoculars to me. It makes me wonder how really close this thing was to them. Our digital camera picked up what our eyes were observing, a flying bright light. My camera captured something completely different. Strange isn't it. Like the skies are over Kokomo. Something's out there in the skies that needs to be explained. Watch for it and take your cameras.

Thank you to the witness for their report and for sending the pictures in. The pictures are copyright 2008 to the owner.




Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: