Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Object Looked Like Flickering Ball Of Flames Over Asheville North Carolina


Date: November 19, 2010
Time: Approx: 5:00 p.m.

On November 19, 2010 I was driving westbound on Smokey Park Highway in west Asheville, NC and stopped at light turning left (south) on 151 (Pisgah Highway) when I noticed a dual jet trail (It looked like a high altitude jet trail) streaming through the sky heading for what looked like a crash.

It continued in it’s downward motion headed in a SW motion and seemingly straight down.

I thought there was going to be a crash in the forest near my house. When I first noticed it at 5:00pm there were 2 other planes that flew nearby it from two directions. I watched it for 6-9 minutes driving S on 151 until it dipped behind a mountain looking like a flickering ball of flames (no trail at this point).

I called the police and fire departments and there were no other reports and the only other report I found was from someone in Texas that witnessed it 30 minutes after me. Maybe an hour and half (time change, not sure on that)
I was told it was a meteorite, maybe. I'm not sure. I used to live on the Space coast in FL and it reminded me more of a shuttle. I don't know what I witnessed.

I would have totally believed it was a meteorite if it weren't for the two trails 'tails' behind it. What do you think?

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: