Saturday, January 5, 2013

Red Lights Spotted In The Sky Over Orange County California


Date:  January 5, 2013
Time:  Approx: 5:30 p.m.

Hello, this is in response to the previous letter regarding red lights over Merced Co., Ca. My husband and I also witnessed the same type of phenomena this evening at approximately the same time, 5:30 p.m. PST.

Except we live a couple of hundred miles south of Merced County and the night sky is clear. 

What we witnessed were several lights, I'd say a dozen or so and at one point many in the formation of what I could only describe as the Big Dipper. 

My husband had just left the house to run an errand when he sped back into the driveway and started to yell my name, exclaiming I needed to come outside.  He pointed up at the night sky and I thought I was looking at a constellation, the formation was that perfect. 

But then it registered that, A. These lights were too close, B.  They were a solid red in color, and C. They were ascending until they disappeared.

We thought, perhaps flares? No. They were too high up in the sky and, we would think, not able to hover to form any sort of shape. Then we thought perhaps it was a large group of helicopters or planes, but there were no strobe or flashing lights, just solid red. 

The lights never came any closer and remained the same shape until disappearing into the heavens. 

The last light disappeared probably close to 6:00 PST.

After reading the post from Merced, I'm a little unnerved that the same lights can be witnessed from groups of people hundreds of miles away from each other.  We're curious to find out if anyone else was a witness, and obviously, if there is any explanation.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

3 comments:

eman said...

I witness about 10 to 12 reddish orange lights in formation around 9:00pm in west palm beach Florida on Haverhill Rd. and Belvedere Rd. The lights were just hovering then 3 random lights moved horizontally disappeared then reappeared. I wasn't the only person who seen this because people were pulling over taking pictures and video with their camera phones.

Anonymous said...



last night...May 10, 2013, my husband went outside with the dog then called me out to " come look at this". About 20* in the western sky above the Monterey Bay was a circular glowing dark reddish /orange light. Then, while he was stareing at the first one, I noticed a second identical one at 30* slightly below the first one. We don't know how long the first one was there because my husband saw it as soon as he went through the door. He only saw one then. I think the other one appeared when I walked out because I immediately saw the top one then just about ten seconds later saw the second one below it. I was shocked this morning to hear that my husband never saw the second one. They were absolutely stationary. The first one must have been there at least two or three minutes. The bottom one 1 1/2 to two minutes. Then the first one just gradually vanished and a couple seconds later the second one did the same thing... Like turning off a lightswitch with a little after glow.
Here is a summary of everything we remember:

Reddish/orange lights in western sky
One at 20. One below it at 30*
Circle shape
Not twinkling not blinking
No smoke
No noise
About twice as high as jets. Saw a jet going by at same time.
No upward or downward or sidways movement ....appeared stationary
Lasted about three (first one) and two minutes (second lower one)
They did about a 3 second vaporization ie slowly vanished over 3 seconds.
The lower one was about 10 seconds behind the first ones vanishing
Their circle shape remained clearly defined the whole time.
Not a solid color...more like the mixing of two gases...mostly dark red with some orange.
Seemed to be emitting light evenly.
Two Bright dark reddish/ orange perfectly still floating circles that vanished slowly after a couple of minutes...that apparently no one else saw?

Thought It would be all over the news this morning.
I'm glad we both saw this or I would begin to doubt myself.
Where are the other reports?


Sent from my iPad

Donald Stanford said...

Tonight about 7PM on Feb.22,2015 my wife and I was outside talking to a friend when she noticed three red lights blinking in a triangle pattern,the were moving from south to north as we were looking at the moon,they crossed in front of the moon,over the mountain tops,we live in Mariposa Ca.and out town has mountains all around it,but the lights were traveling faster then an airplane and never changed their pattern,they moved across the sky in two to three minutes