Saturday, March 12, 2011

Huge Red Glowing Crescent Over Leesville Louisiana

Date: March 10, 2011
Time: Between 11:40 p.m. - 11:50 p.m.

I believe I saw this very same object tonight March 10, 2011, between 11:40-11:50 pm off Hwy 8 coming out of Leesville, LA. (USA ) It was near the airport, but beyond it in the distance, to the east/north east. At first I thought it was the moon, but it was way to large to be the moon. The shape was crescent, it was cupped at the bottom and it was a little irregular shaped, like flaming or glowing.

Maybe not perfectly rounded on the bottom half, it kind of made a little point. I only saw this object for a few seconds, but I am positive I saw it! I tried to get a better look at it, but never saw it again. A mile or two down the road, I decided to turn around and go back to see if I could get a better view. I drove back and it was gone. There was no moon, no object anywhere.

I know I saw something big, it left me with a really strange feeling. Hopefully I wasn't the only one to see it. I wanted to call the airport and ask about it, but I just think they would think me a whack-o.

This large reddish glowing horizontal crescent 'thing' was absolutely huge. I wish I had stopped when I first saw it.

When I got home I had to check on the phase of the moon, it was not the moon according to the chart, and the crescent was not vertical as the chart posted. I do not know what I saw, but I did see something strange tonight.

When I read your post I just know we must have seen the same thing. I am totally serious about seeing this, but I do not want my name plastered around because people would think me a nut. I just thought it was important enough to let some one know I saw it!
Very sincerely,

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am originally from Leesville and in the winter of 1975. I remember seeing a large glowing figure follow my family as we left Fort Polk. The base was being closed due to abnormal activity in the sky. We were told to get in the house and do not look in the sky. I am in my late 40'swe and still remember it like it was last night.