Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ball Of Light - A Close Encounter

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: 1980s Time: Evening

I can file this as a UFO report at your web site if you'd like. I've written about this sighting a few times, before, on some abductees' email lists, but I've never filed it as a formal UFO report.

Here's a drawing, that I recently completed, of one of my white sphere sightings. This sighting occurred during the mid to late 1980s, and was observed late one night, while alone in my backyard, caring for my pets.

This ball of light, first caught my eye, when it was about 150 feet away from me and traveling directly over my neighbor's roof top. It had cleared the roof by no more than a few feet, as it was descending in an arc toward the ground. This white luminous sphere was about the size of a basket ball and loosely engulfed in what looked like translucent blue, pink and violet colored flames.

These multi-colored flames, surrounded the white sphere, moved about, as though, they were being influenced by a very turbulent wind, yet, the winds were very calm that night. These flames were short in length and they didn't form a tail behind this moving sphere. I saw no smoke trail nor sparks. I never examined my neighbor's lawn for burn marks, afterwards.

But when this ball of light was about 10 feet off the ground, it began ejecting smaller balls of light from within itself. Each smaller ball of light was about the size of a softball and was a soft luminous orange color. I saw perhaps a total of seven of these smaller spheres and each looked identical to the others. One by one, each made a swift and methodic, arcing movement to the ground, where each winked out, upon contact with the lawn. Then, lastly, the white sphere touched down and winked out, as well. This entire maneuver occurred within a span of roughly 15 seconds. I heard no noise nor did these lights appear to illuminate their surroundings.

I can't recall of anything else being out of the ordinary that night, other than my rather strange lack of interest in these lights. The moment that they winked out and vanished I forgot all about them, even though, they had touched down about 75 feet away from me. It didn't occur to me to question what I was seeing, nor to look around me. It was only while writing about another white sphere sighting, that I then recalled seeing this one.

In my drawing, I've placed one of these smaller orange spheres beside the white sphere. And although I've rendered these translucent flames as being blue, their color varied between pink and violet, as well. Though this sighting occurred nearly two decades ago, I feel that I've done a fairly good job at capturing a likeness.

Thank you very much to the witness for the really interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: