Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bohemia, NY (Long Island) A Solid Oval Light Paces Car

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: August 1979 Time: 11:15 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Oval light.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brain, your website and radio show are awesome ! This sighting took place in 1979. I was 20 years old at the time. It was a muggy August night. I was driving home from my sister's house. She lived in a Town called Bohemia in Suffolk county on Long Island, NY. There's a road that connects to Sunrise Hwy called Pond Rd. This is a narrow road that had a few street lights on it. I mention this because it comes into play later. On the left side of the road there's a few houses, but mostly woods and on the right is Conetquoit State Park with lots of woods.

Anyway I'm driving home and I look up at one of the street lights I'm passing and noticed that one of the street lights (or at least it looked like that from the angle I was looking at it) moved away from the other lights to the right on went to the State park. I first thought it was a search light of some kind from the airport. Islip/Mac Garther airport is approximately 5 miles north of my location and occasionally I would see the beacon do sweeps in the surrounding area. But the more I looked at it, the more I realized this was a solid light and not a beam of any kind.

It was roughly 200 yards from the road and approximately 20 degrees above the horizon and it looked like it was flying in between the trees ! I was pacing it (or it could have been pacing me !) for about a mile and I kept trying to figure out what it might be. I soon, as I decided not to get out of the car ( I thought that was a wise choice, since it was dark and I was alone). The light stopped and started back in same way it had came ! It looked the a solid oval of light. It was about the size of my thumb nail at arms length. I've experienced a few other things in my life, but I'll leave that for some other time. Thank you for your time Brian and the terrific work you do. Peace. Sincerely.

Thank you to the witness for the excellent report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: