Saturday, January 26, 2008

Between Tomball And Hockley, Texas Disc To Rounded Triangle

Posted: January 26, 2008

Date: May 31, 2007 Time: 3:45 p.m.

Location of Sighting: F.M. 2920 between Tomball and Hockley TX. Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Disc to rounded triangle.

Full Description of event/sighting: I was driving west on F.M. 2920 at 3:45 in the afternoon and was looking at the low cloud formations with many contrails above them this afternoon. I spotted a dark object just below a small puffy cloud, which turned out to be a large turkey vulture riding an updraft. We have many of them out in the countryside in this part of Texas, just northwest of Houston, so I can spot them very quickly!

Just as I finished checking the road ahead for any traffic, I looked back up to watch a commercial (or military) jet leave another contrail at a very high altitude to the south. Then suddenly I saw a very bright object between a large cloud and the small puffy cloud I had been watching earlier. I thought, "This might be interesting!" joking to myself. Just as I thought, this I suspected it would turn out to be a plane reflecting the sun. But as I watched it, there was no contrail and it flew directly into the center of the small cloud and never emerged! I watched the cloud continuously for the next 10 minutes until I turned north to head to my house. I thought it may have been a plane making an extreme banking turn to the south with it's underside reflecting the sun. But the cloud was so small, the object would have had to have made a 90 degree turn at a high rate of speed and then maintained a course compensating for the westerly wind direction of the cloud's movement to keep me from seeing it emerge at some point.

I had clear visibility all around the small cloud in all directions, so I would have seen it emerge at some point. The shape changed, I think because it was banking, going from a "disc on edge" view to a "rounded corner triangular" shape as it initially went into the cloud.

These low clouds were at altitudes of between 5000 - 10,000 feet with the contrails much, much higher. This object appeared to move at a speed comparable to a very fast military jet in a seemingly straight path while banking. I have observed many aircraft over the years and have studied their movements when in the air. Unless people are trained to understand how perspective and apparent perception on moving objects can drastically alter what they think they are seeing, you can easily be fooled into thinking an aircraft vanished (stopped reflecting) or is hovering (coming straight at you), or growing larger or smaller while hovering (also coming straight at you).

I could find no trace of this object in any direction for a continuous 10 minute period! While I only saw the object for 5-10 seconds, it's the "not seeing it" that is very odd indeed!

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: