Sunday, January 27, 2008

Roanoke County, Virginia Possible Triangular Craft Making Loud Noise

Posted: January 27, 2008

Date: April 1, 2007 Time: 10:00 pm + or.

Location of Sighting: Southwestern Roanoke County, VA. Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Possible triangular.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brian, I'm writing to tell you of an incident on Sunday night, April 1, 2007, but I'm not sure what I saw.

Date: Sunday night, April 1, 2007 Location: Western Roanoke County, VA: Nearest town: Elliston. Time: 10:00 pm? Full moon was high in sky. Witnesses: 1 Objects: 1, possibly triangular.

I had gone outside to look at the full moon. The sky was packed with dense patches of clouds moving west to east. The full moon was high toward the south and clearly visible through an enormous circular hole in the clouds. It was a beautiful sight and I stood looking at it for a few minutes. I had just turned away from the moon to head back inside when, to the NNW, I heard an enormously loud (jet?) engine and looked up to see a very low, slow-moving craft passing overhead between the ridges of the hollow where I live. This craft was just above treetop level and for all the world looked like a plane that had slowed down and was getting ready to land. The only problem is, there is no landing field anywhere around here. Very flew planes of any kind fly over my house (except chemtrailers, of course, high up). I live in the middle of forest, farm, and wild land, hilly wooded country, in southwestern Virginia.

I had about 15-20 seconds of viewing as the craft moved from NNW to NNE between the ridgelines, then it passed beyond the ridge and out of sight. It was extremely loud, low, and slow.

I spent a few seconds being befuddled, wondering why any airplane would be there at all, looking like it was going to land. Then I noticed that it wasn't an ordinary plane. There were three stationary red lights and one blinking white light. The red lights were laid out as if this were a triangle, one at the nose, the other two spaced out behind, as if at corners. The blinking white light was in the middle, above the plane of the red lights. I could perceive no physical shape connecting the lights. The craft was not huge, not bigger than a normal commercial plane, but not small either.

It all happened quickly. I am absolutely sure it was a craft flying low and slow and that the sound of (jet?) engines was very loud. I am sure there were 3 red lights and one blinking white light. Aren't most triangles silent?

On the other side of the ridge in the direction it was headed is the Spring Hill Reservoir. Maybe it was going there to refuel on water?

That's it. The only other interesting thing (maybe connected with this, maybe not) is that sometimes at night I hear a prolonged roaring on the other side of the ridge to the west of me, as if several jets are taking off at the same time or sitting with their engines revved up. After minutes of this, the roaring fades out as if moving away. I can't see anything because the ridge is in the way and I never see lights in the sky after these roaring noises that would indicate a plane over that way. To the best of my knowledge, there's only more hilly wooded country over there.

Thanks for your work in reporting all these events.

Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: