Thursday, November 11, 2010

Meteor Sighting Over Chicago Illinois

Date: November 9, 2010
Time: Late afternoon.

Hello, 11/9/10, I just read about this sighting this morning, because I saw something yesterday late afternoon that made me want to research and see if anyone saw it yesterday as well. I saw something in the sky similar to what the person saw in the story below.

I was on the Blue Line train heading north on the way back from work and noticed a bright long white streak in the sky out the window. It was west, northwest in the sky. At first I thought it could be a thin cloud, but the sky was clear yesterday and I noticed there wasn't any other cloud in the sky like that. Since the train was also moving I couldn't tell how fast or if this object was moving as well.

I just thought it was weird because it was the only thing in the air, it was not a plane, and I also saw those east and can easily identify the planes, but could not identify this. Perhaps it was a meteor or comet? Not sure, but I think one can only see those clearly with a telescope, and I was looking with my naked eye.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to email and let you know that my sighting was similar to the sighting below. It was strange.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: