Sunday, December 30, 2007

Xenia, Ohio Large Dark Object With Colored Lights

Posted: December 30, 2007

Date: July of 1976 Time: Evening

The other sighting was more spectacular. A real close encounter. I reported it years later, but realized, afterwards, I reported the sighting on the wrong month. Well, that's what I get for waiting for 30 years. I originally reported the sighting in September of 1976, but the sighting actually took place in July of 1976, just before the start of my senior year of high school. My family lived on Old 42 South just outside of Xenia, Oh. My sister and I were watching TV. My mom was looking out the front window in our living room. The sighting was after dark, maybe around 10:00 pm. My mom told us she saw a flying saucer outside. I thought she was joking, so I told her to leave us alone we were watching TV.

My sister went to look out the window and she saw the same thing. I thought they were both messing with me. I looked over my shoulder and saw some flashing lights through the window and front door. I told them the state police must have somebody pulled over. Old 42 was an old divided highway with residential drives. Anyway, mom said it was in the air. I thought about it and told them it probably was a police helicopter. After saying that I thought, "hey, no noise." Not even the regular traffic that doesn't die out until after 11:00 pm.. I got up and went to the door and looked out the window. I saw flashing lights, but the roof of the front porch was blocking my view of whatever it was.

I went outside and my attention immediately went left. I saw cars stopped in the middle of the road. I looked right, and saw the same thing. Then I looked up. Just above the tree line no more than 50 feet away was a large dark object, bigger than our house, just floating there. No noise, and not much movement other than strobing lights in various colors all around, and underneath it. I was freaked. My mom and sister came outside too, but I didn't pay much attention to them. It felt like my stomach had dropped. I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was dark against the night sky, but big.

Funny, I can't remember the shape of the thing, but mom said it was round in shape, with a dome on top. She saw it as it was coming down the highway. It followed the road about 100 feet off the ground. It moved slowly. When I came outside I was looking almost directly underneath the thing. I wished I could get hypnotized so I can remember it better. I'm an artist and I'd like to do a painting of it. Anyway, it moved south down the road towards the next house. It started to descend like it was going to land. As it eased towards the ground it started glowing underneath, and the light got brighter the lower it got. When it got about 10 feet from the ground, it arched away like a shot. It went from a large craft to a spot of light in the sky. I can't remember how long it hung around until it took off, but it darted around in the sky for about 20 minutes. It zipped in several directions like it was playing pinball in the sky.

Then it disappeared. I don't know what it was, but it didn't come from around here. It moved in impossible ways, even with today's technology, and it's speed was unimaginable. Other people saw it, and I'm sure other's reported it. I've seen reports of sightings that were similar to ours, from the same general area. I know I was reluctant to report the sighting because of ridicule, I'm sure there are many others who are afraid to speak up for the same reason. Though I've reported the sighting, to date, I've received no response... Thanks anyway

Thank you to the witness for the very interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: