Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bright Green Light With A Tail Seen From Phoenix Arizona

 
Date:  December 31, 2011
Time:  Approx: 8:20 p.m. to 8:25 p.m.
 
My wife and I saw the bright green light. I estimated the time as 8:20 p.m. to 8:25 p.m. Didn't think to check a clock at the time. My wife and I were traveling east on Baseline near Sossaman. It was low enough in the sky that I could see it easily through the windshield.  
 
My first thought was that it was a meteor, but a slow moving one. We watched it for about 4 or 5 seconds before it went dark. I think our view of it was blocked by houses and trees to our right until it was over Baseline.  
 
It looked like a bright ball with a tapering tail and had a greenish tint. It moved in a very straight line. I noticed that because I also wondered if it might be a firework. Fireworks don't usually go horizontal, though, and if they do, they don't go in such straight lines or at such a constant speed. It was just the one object; no pieces falling off.
 
If it was a meteor or space junk, it must have been far east of Phoenix for me to be able to see it through the windshield. It had to have been very bright, because it was so bright where I was (street lights, convenience store, car headlights) that I was unable to see any stars. Regards.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: