Monday, February 18, 2008

North Of San Gabriel Mountains - Over Edwards AFB Beam Of Intense Light

Posted: February 18, 2008

Date: December 4, 2007 Time: 1:40 a.m.

Location of Sighting: North of San Gabriel Mountains, in high desert over Edwards AFB. Number of witnesses: ? Number of objects: N/A Shape of objects: Beam of intense light narrowing in the upper atmosphere.

Full Description of event/sighting: I was driving east on Glendora Ridge Road between Mt. Baldy and Glendora Mountain Road at approximately 1:40 am in the middle of the night. This is a rather remote location at approximately 4,000 feet on an extremely clear cool night. Glendora Ridge Road is isolated and dark with many saddleback hills allowing a great view of the Los Angeles basin to the South and the mountains approaching what is called the "high desert" (Palmdale, Victorville, Edwards AFB) to the North.

I had stopped and was out of my vehicle admiring the great view of the Los Angeles skyline in the distance to the South. I was only standing there for a few minutes when I was almost blinded by a sudden blast of intense bright light from behind me to the north. I was stunned for a few seconds, my mind trying to comprehend what could possibly be so bright and sudden. It was like an explosion without the sound.

I have to admit I was terrified and slowly turned not knowing what to expect. What I saw jolted me almost to the ground, it was overwhelming. My jaw was slack as I saw an immensely blinding, sky filling blast of bright violet light. Still lighting up the entire sky almost 5 seconds after the initial blast.

Now for the weirdness! As I was trying to adjust my eyes, still not fully understanding what was going on, an absolutely gigantic beam of light shot straight up in the air as if shooting at something in space. It was on for a full 3 seconds and seemed to narrow down to a fraction of it's lower diameter in the upper atmosphere, and there was a definite marked delineation where the beam suddenly narrowed. I am guessing at around 50,000 feet. The color was also strange. If you can imagine an arc-welder except bright purple.

It went off like a light switch, no noise, no residual light dimming down. I stood there for what seemed like minutes, stunned and confused. After some thought, I realized this came from over the mountains out in the High Desert. Again, the beam went up, as if shooting at something and was on for several seconds and it was huge to be so far away.

Interstate 15, Hwy 138, I-58 and many other heavily traveled roads in the high desert has heavy 18 wheeler traffic 24/7 and it's impossible that this wasn't seen by thousands of people. Yet I've been unable to find anyone who saw what I saw. Thanks.

Thank you to the eyewitness for an amazing report of what he witnessed.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugh orange lighting over lower san gabriel mountains. Light is flickering at regular intervals. Distance approx. 10 miles. Width of flash approx. 10 miles. Smaller orange object hovering between flahes.