Thursday, July 15, 2010

Strange Lights Seen By U.S. Customs Border Protection Officer At Carson California

Date: July 14, 2010
Time: Evening.

I too saw the lights mentioned in this article. I am a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer. I was standing in the parking lot getting ready to end my shift when a fellow officer pointed to the sky due northwest. I looked up and saw an orange ball of light. At first I thought it was just Mars or Venus, but it was moving and in an odd pattern. Then we noticed 2 more lights.

From where we were standing in Carson, we noticed the lights some where slightly north of San Pedro. We watched the lights travel south east. The lights seemed to be following the coast line. As the three lights traveled they moved somewhat slowly.

There were 4 officers standing with me, one was former Air force and the another a former Navy SEAL. I asked them what they thought that the lights were and the Navy seal said they looked like flares to him since they had the tell tale orange glow and when they flickered bright white you could see pieces falling to the earth. But the odd thing to him he said, was that flares usually just descend and don't travel horizontally for miles.

We concluded that they were more than likely a new type of infrared flare being used that doesn't give off alot of light and is commonly used by the military with their FLIR systems. We also believe that they were tethered to choppers that would explain the slower movement and the up and down maneuvers you wouldn't see in fixed wing craft.

I am going to continue researching this because this is my first "UFO" sighting (I use that term loosely because I couldn't positively identify the lights). I have some friends in the Coast Guard I will ask also that might know if they use flares in such a way here.

If you do a YouTube search for orange lights in the sky Long Beach you will find the same 3 lights in the same pattern. This seems to be a common occurrence. Who knows with all the different military and federal agencies located around here it could be anything.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: