Friday, July 16, 2010

Ball Of Fire Over Chicago Illinois

Date: July 10, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:45 p.m.

Saturday, July 10th at approximately 9:45pm, we witnessed something very strange in the West/Southwest sky. It appeared to be moving toward us, more SW to NE. We knew that is wasn’t a plane because the light was too large and it appeared to flicker. It looked like a ball of fire. My wife suggested that it was the flame from a hot air balloon, but we all agreed that it was too large for that.

In addition, it burned consistently instead of intermittently as a balloon flame would. We watched it for a few minutes, then I ran inside to get binoculars. When I came back outside, the flame was gone. However, my wife and her sister could see a dark shape against the night sky where that light had been.

I finally found it and zoomed in with the binoculars. It appeared to be a dark parachute, like a military parachute. It was descending rapidly, and disappeared behind the trees. All three of us saw it, and none of us knew what we were seeing. I honestly believed that I would be hearing about it on the news or read other accounts in the newspaper. I’m shocked that there is nothing in the media about it. I can’t believe that the three of us were the only people that saw it. By the way, we were in the (removed) and Keystone Ave. area.

Will you let me know if you’ve had others report this? Thanks.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: