Wednesday, November 19, 2008

East Northeast Of Weed Park, Muscatine, Iowa Half Moon Shaped UFO

Posted: November 19, 2008

Date: October 25, 2008
Time: After 7:30 UTC (1:30 CDT) and before astronomical twilight.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Appeared to be exceptionally large (2 fingers width) and exceptionally brilliant half-full moon; no sound.
Weather Conditions: Clear night.

Description: I usually wake several times during the night and do not remember exactly when I saw this as I thought it was the half-full waning moon. It would have been between 01:30-04:00 CDT and well before astronomical twilight at 05:54 AM CDT. I was quite impressed with the size (2 fingers width) and exceptional brilliance at 30-35 degrees elevation to the east-northeast or northeast as seen through my bedroom window.

No lights were on in the room which may have caused a reflection. My window was open and I heard no sound. It was so beautiful, I was tempted to take a digital photograph, but unfortunately did not. Unusually, I slept deeply after the sighting and did not awaken until well after sunrise.

For most of my life I have been interested in astronomy, Aurora, and meteor showers and am accustomed to observing the sky. This is the second time in my life I have seen what I thought was the moon, but later realized could not have been. Checking the almanac, I found that this was the dark of the moon and before moonrise. My windows face the countryside, an empty "meadow", valley, and wooded bluff with no lighting of any kind that could be mistaken for such an object.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: