Monday, January 21, 2008

Goose Creek, South Carolina A Bright Amber Round UFO

Posted: January 21, 2008

Date: January 6, 2007 Time: Between 8:00 - 8:45 p.m.

Approach Direction: Southwest. Departure Direction: Northeast. Witness Direction: Followed from Southwest to Northeast.

Description: Went to the backyard with dog, when I felt the urge to look up. Coming from the South over the pine trees was a very bright amber light. I called my son and his friend and they ran back. I pointed out the light and told them I thought it might be the ISS. We watched as it crossed the sky from one end to the other. The sky was without clouds that night and no lunar interference. My son's friend tried calling his dad but couldn't get through, to witness it.

Commercial flights use this same track at times, but not that night. I went on the web to verify my ISS sighting with NASA's J-Track but found that the ISS was not due over our area until next morning at around 05:00 am. I have not told the boys yet. But we all did notice how it was amber and round. No flashing lights of any kind and no navigational lights either. We figured it was so high up we couldn't see them. Commercial and military craft are over our home on a daily basis, this was neither. I am a retired Navy Electronics Technician, qualified Lookout and used to observing various types of military, commercial and experimental craft.

Color/Shape: Color: Bright Amber. Shape: Round. No blinking, no navigational lights, too high to notice sound if any.

Height & Speed: Height: Possibly three or more miles higher than commercial air traffic. Speed: Faster than normal commercial air traffic. Direction of travel was on a direct uninterrupted line of flight.

TV/Radio/Press: The sighting was not reported to the media by us. Research showed no one else reported it either.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. http://www.ufoinfo.com/

No comments: