Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Six Flags Magic Mountain, California Elliptical Shaped Craft

Posted: January 23, 2008

I only have one story to share but it kept me thinking for a good 6 years now. A sighting can be very informative if the observer notes not only what was seen but also the circumstances under which it was seen. I used to work for an amusement park in California called Six Flags Magic Mountain. I was a junior in high school at the time and worked the summers and weekends during school. This weekend the forecast called for thunderstorms and a high probability of showers.

That Saturday I was on my lunch break when I sat in my usual quiet spot away from the crowds. It overlooked the intersection of the 1-5 freeway (north/south) and the 126 (east/west). My view was to the east and toward a small range of mountain/hills on the other side of the 1-5 (from where I was). The mountain range is about 200 feet in height. At its base now sits an extension to the original industrial center (at the time a small patch of crops were growing at this particular location.)

At lunch time there was a thunder storm moving from north to south It had already passed where I was but I could still see the lightening in the distance and the sky was entirely overcast. About 15 minutes after I sat down I had finished what I was eating and looked out at the freeway and at the range beyond, and then to the clouds. I was just passing the time I had away from my work when I saw something moving in the lower layer of the cloud formations. It was situated across the freeway and just above the mountain range (about 100 - 500 feet above the hill's peak). At first I thought it was a helicopter even though I didn't see a tail (one of it's most distinguishing features). But it didn't seem to be moving fast enough to get anywhere.

It was moving from north to south as though it were following the storm but obviously from a safe distance (or so it seemed). It was moving at only 1 to 2 miles an hour, but at a speed (non constant) different from that of the clouds around it (this is probably why it caught my eye). It was a grayish tone (maybe metallic), elliptical in shape, maybe 25 - 35 feet in length, and had no distinguishing extrusions. If it had any markings on its surface I couldn't see them from the distance (it still seemed close). Patches of cloud would make it appear and disappear over what was to be a 3 minute interval. I watched almost unblinking at what I couldn't identify. I don't know why but the thought of a balloon or a blimp never came to mind. It could have been one if not for one last awesome maneuver.

I might also add that the only sounds I heard included the occasional yell from someone on a ride some distance away, light thunder to the south, and the low hum of the traffic on the 1-5.

After 3 minutes of this, the craft shot up into the clouds like it had been attached to some long extended rubber band that I couldn't see. The speed was so fast (and fact that the craft was already nearly engulfed by the clouds surrounding it) that, had I blinked, I would have certainly missed this last maneuver) this rules out the possibility of a balloon or blimp). There was no deformation in the craft that noticed in the 3 minutes that I watched it. What I did see however was the deformation of the clouds as they seemed to follow it into the upper atmosphere. This was the one key piece of information that convinced me what I saw was actually there. It also convinced me that what I was dealing with was not a craft of any kind I had ever seen. I thought this maneuver was the last of this sighting and that I'd never see anything this unusual again. (I was wrong).

I immediately looked at my watch hoping to record the exact date and time of the sighting, but all I could manage to remember was the placement of the second hand and only for a minute at that. This is why, I continue to look in awe over the freeway for some hope of an answer. Sixty seconds after the craft had shot into the clouds (at not quite a perpendicular to the ground plane trajectory) a small bolt of lightening struck exactly where the craft (above the hill's peak) had been situated. I was sure this was no coincidence and I've thought about this sighting (the only sighting I've ever had) for years.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: