Monday, January 21, 2008

Paia, Maui, Hawaii Unknown Orange Lights And A Unknown Dome

Posted: January 21, 2008

Date: January 13, 2007 Time: 7:53 p.m. (Hawaii time)

About 15 minutes ago I stepped outside and noticed a bright light coming from an area on the north/west slope of Haleakala, not quite at the top. Then a second light appeared just to the right of it, then the first light faded out. For a moment I thought I was watching aircraft moving in and out of clouds. But soon a very bright orangish light appeared high in the sky, clearly over the mountain, much brighter than any aircraft light from that distance, then blinked out. That got my attention.

As I watched, more lights appeared now at various elevations, some in front of the mountain face, some above. Some moved quickly like shooting stars, some kept a steady trajectory and moved slower. They all seemed headed to the same place, the location of the original light on the volcano. As many as seven lights of various intensities were in the sky at once within my field of vision, which was limited by houses and trees in the neighborhood. I could see about a 30% of the sky in that direction.

Most of them would usually be visible for less than a minute. The brighter orangish ones would blink out instantly, the smaller whitish ones would fade out slower.

After about 5 minutes, the quadrant of the sky over and in front of the mountain seemed to brighten suddenly, like stadium lights had been turned on and were reflecting off of clouds, although the sky that I could see was clear. I thought this would diminish my ability to see, but the lights were still very visible.

I went in and got my binoculars for a closer look. I could now tell they were definitely not headlights or airplane lights or something coming from a fixed location on the mountain, like the known “science city’ facility on the top, which is not in my field of vision from my location on the shore.

In fact, over the past couple of months, I have noticed a bare spot in the very area that this activity was taking place that has some reflective dome structure. The other day as I drove up the mountain, that area was covered with a huge white oval. This was very odd considering the mountainside there is rugged and steep slopes, but this was a perfectly round, smooth oval shape, probably the size of three football fields just sitting there.

For the past two weeks, I have been house-sitting at another location where I could not see the volcano, so I hadn’t been able to monitor any further activity.

Back to the sighting…at one point, a very strong bright organish light appeared high above the area at or near the top of the mountain where I had noticed the other lights seemed to be heading to. Then a light came on below it off to the right, at what seemed to be this mystery location near the top of the mountain. Then another bright, steady light appeared from the left and moved across the top along the ridge of the mountain. When it reached a position where it made a perfect triangle with the light above and the light on the mountain, it blinked out, but the other two remained steady. Then it reappeared, at the same altitude but much closer to the light on the mountain. It slowly moved to the left till it merged with the light on the mountain. Then all three went out. I watched for a few more minutes, only seeing one bright flash to the left, then nothing else. I came in and wrote out this report while it was fresh in my mind.

I stepped back out 15 minutes later, and clouds have obscured my view of the mountain.

HBCC UFO Research Note: If anyone has witnessed the orange lights reported in this area, or knows what this reflective dome might be, would you please contact Brian at HBCC UFO Research.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: