Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heber/Overgaard, Arizona Did The Unusual Object Cause A Static Charge

Posted: January 13, 2008

HBCC UFO Research Note: I would be interested in hearing from anyone who may live in the area for the below sighting report. It is an interesting report and I am looking into the sighting. Thank you, Brian

Date: September 30, 2005 Time: 8:16 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 4 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Spherical

Full Description of event/sighting: Heber/Overgaard UFO sighting on Sept. 30, 2005 at 8:16 p.m. My wife and I were giving my brother and his wife a grand tour of our newly completed astronomical observatory on the evening of Friday Sept. 30, 2005. It was a crystal clear, steady night (referring to the air currents) and the sky was perfect for viewing, as they usually are at 7000 ft. altitudes. The Moon and Mars had not risen yet and Venus, Jupiter and Saturn had already set so the night was also quite dark.

I teach amateur astronomy and I always start with basic sky navigation using binoculars and small aperture refractor scopes before opening the observatory and the large telescope. I use a 5mw green laser pointer quite extensively for guiding to and pointing out objects that are visible with small optics. It's very bright and easily seen up to 20 miles, and although air traffic is quiet in this part of Arizona, I'm still very careful where I point it.

We had been observing for about an hour when my wife asked me what this object was on the eastern horizon just above tree top level that was radically changing in brightness. I took my laser pointer and pointed toward it, but not at it, to confirm it was the star Mira pulsating due to the thick horizon air and went on with our viewing.

About 40 seconds later the four of us were quite startled and speechless when a very bright (brilliant white), round object about the size of a nickel at arms length, suddenly appeared above us in the NNW. I immediately took a time and position check and had my brother confirm it at 8:16 PM, Az 350° 41.21´, Alt 22° 49.612´, or about equal distances between the stars Dubhe and Polaris.

I had the binoculars around my neck and focused for my eyes so I had time to take a look, and it appeared more spherical in shape. It made no sound and cast no shadows for as bright and large as it was. Our wives were yelling, "what is that thing and where did it come from"! All of us had the feeling "we" we're being observed. After about 30 seconds or so it receded away from us to the NNW and below the horizon in a second or less. I say "receded" because it didn't just fade out and disappear from a stationary spot in the sky, it sped away from us at an incredible speed and disappeared down below the horizon. We had taken an electric heater (new) out for our wives to warm their hands and it stopped working when the object appeared and started working again after we went back inside the house. We didn't notice until after the incident that the GFI in the cord had been tripped. We also noticed a static charge on our arm and head hair but this diminished once we were inside the house. None of us have any idea what it was, but we're very sure of what it wasn't.

I'm 56 years old and been an amateur astronomer all my life and have never been treated to such a stunning sight as this. We have cross-examined this incident from every angle and have concluded that it had to have been the green laser activity that caused this sighting. Take it from there!

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: