Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hwy 100, near Lyerly, Georgia Possible Missing Time

Posted: January 17, 2008

Date: April 22, 2006 Time: Between 9:00 pm and midnight.

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Triangle.

Full Description of event/sighting: Today I read a UFO report about a sighting in Kelowna, B.C. http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=8664 and an aspect of it reminded me of an experience I had last weekend coming home from a movie, the part about eyes in the darkness.

Before I recount this, I would like to refer to an event where my brother witnessed a triangle-shaped craft over my mother's house, my home in the following report, a year or two ago. I was not present and was not aware of this website at the time, so I didn't report the incident. My mother, practically-minded to a fault, has also witnessed a craft hovering over the road in broad daylight that she refers to as a 'stealth bomber'. Seeing as there are no military bases around here for the Army or AF to be conducting maneuvers in residential areas, and I'm not sure stereotypical stealth aircraft are even VTOL, I'm not sure what to make of her claims.

I had biked to Rome, GA to see a movie on Saturday, and when I came out of the theatre it was around 9:00 PM and dark outside. I had a long bike ride home in complete darkness ahead of me, most unintentionally, I can assure you. I set off down Alabama Highway and when I was halfway to the turnoff for Highway 100, I looked to my right, out in the woods, and the beam from the tiny Army flashlight on my ballcap's brim illuminated three pairs of eyes about 70 yards from the roadside, gazing at me without blinking for several minutes. I've lived out in this countryside all of my life and I have taken lots of walks at night, and I've never seen anything like this in my life. I hopped on the bike, having been walking alongside it to rest, and took off in terror.

I had been on 100 for a few minutes when I looked out into the woods and saw the same three pairs of eyes again, and they watched me without blinking for at least 10-15 minutes. Whatever they were, they could move fast enough to beat me there on foot. How fast, I wouldn't see for myself until I'd made it halfway home down 100 after peddling away in fear again. They actually approached the road as I left, staying enough out of the range of my LED light to only show as eyes.

I was coasting down a hill and approaching a curve when I looked to my right again and saw a pair of eyes matching speed with me about 20-30 yards away, moving through the thick forest in a smooth, sailing way--no wobble or vertical movement normally associated with speed and foot travel, especially when something has to account for fallen trees and thick undergrowth. It then overtook me and crossed the road at the curve ahead of me, moving from a ten-foot roadside drop-off to the road and into the woods on the other side at a 4 foot height, again with that smooth sailing movement, staying enough out of my light to only appear as a pair of eyes. I was coasting at least what I'd say as 35-40 mph, peddling down a hill.

Soon after that, my mother drove by and picked me up, upset that I was out so late. I looked at the car clock and realized that it was 1:00 AM. I'd had no way to know what time it was, as I'd had no watch, but how could I have taken that long to get that far? I'd left home earlier that day just after 2:30 PM and arrived at the theatre just after 4:30 PM, a scant bit too late for the matinee. I did the math and deduced that I must have lost time somewhere on the way home.

So I don't know if this qualifies as a bonafide sighting or experience, but I thought it rated high enough on the WTF scale to recount to someone willing to listen. My mother and brother's experiences, at least, seem like the kind of thing appropriate for a report.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: