Friday, January 11, 2008

Over Huntsville, Alabama Round Chrome Colored Ball Observed From Aircraft

Posted: January 11, 2008

HBCC UFO Research Note: I am looking into this sighting as I have a number of excellent sources in the state of Alabama who may be able to shed some light on this, or at least be able to look into this sighting. But in the mean time, if anyone should have any information that might be important on this event, would you please be kind enough to contact me. Thank you, Brian.

Date: August 19, 2005 Time: Approx: 6:10 p.m.

I had been in Atlanta for a couple of days. I was flying home with a business associate. We were in his private plane. He is a pilot, so he was at the controls on his small plane ( 4 person aircraft / piper ). He did not see this, and I have not even mentioned it to him. I did not mention it to him when it happened either. I was embarrassed as to even know how to try to discuss it as he and I are not good friends, but instead only associates, and this was the very first time I had been around him much. It was also the first time I had been up in his plane as well. So, the last thing I wanted to do was to start telling this guy I don't know very well, about how I just saw a UFO during our first business trip together in his plane.

Here is my story, and will try not to change it from the "exact" facts only. It was August 19, 2005 at approx 6:10 p.m. on my watch ( set to west Tennessee time ). We were flying home from Atlanta. I was looking out the window towards the ground just watching. I haven't been up in a small plane but once before, so this was fun to me and I was just enjoying watching the ground. I noticed below us what seemed to look like maybe a chrome ball, or maybe a Mylar balloon? It basically looked sort of chrome in color and round. It seemed to be about maybe 500 to 1000 feet away ( I knew distance because we had recently had a plane pass under us and the pilot said he was about 1000 feet below us ). Anyway, I saw this round, chrome colored ball below us ( between us and the ground ). It seemed to me to be approx 1000 feet below us ( or so ). It began to move upward and sort of toward us. I thought maybe it was a balloon. However, I remembered we were "moving" in a plane so we should have passed by it, if it was a slow rising balloon. It didn't act like a balloon anyway.

I am looking out the window watching this ball rise towards us. It seemed like maybe it was rising slow at first (or stopped), then within maybe 3-6 seconds or so, it rose up to the same altitude as our plane, then moved sideways ( as if it were parallel with us and moved in the opposite direction as what we were flying ). I had to turn my head backward to watch it move by through the back seat area glass ( I was in the front passenger seat ). Then, as it moved by us, it seemed to shoot up really fast and vanish.

Basically within about 10 seconds or so from the moment I saw it, it rose up to our level, was about maybe 100 feet away (when at our level), moved sideways (like going opposite direction as us), then swooped upwards (allot faster than it was moving before) and vanished.

I was a little scared and did not know what I saw. I did not say anything to the pilot about it as I just did not know what to say. I did however, ask him right away "Where Are We Right Now?" and "How High Up Are We?" I thought this may come in handy somehow later if I wanted to try and investigate this. I had no idea where we were (above what state or city etc) as I am not familiar with plane routes. So I had no idea where we were. Anyway, he told me we were above Huntsville, Alabama and we were at 6000 feet. I then looked at my watch at noted it was about 6:10 p.m. (my watch set at time zone of my home in West TN). I am not sure if that would be the same time in Huntsville, Alabama or not.

I did not see this out of the corner of my eye. It was pretty clear skies and I watched it clearly. It appeared to be something like a "round ball" and looked sort of chrome in color. I have no idea of the size, as the distance would be sort of hard to gauge in the air for me but if I had to guess I'd say maybe 5 to 20 feet in diameter???

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: