Monday, January 21, 2008

Spring, Texas Daylight UFO Sighting

Posted: January 21, 2008

Date: January 6, 2008
Time: 5:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Spring, Texas.
Number of witnesses: 3
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Bulbous.

Full Description of event/sighting: Yesterday afternoon, I was at the garage door getting some firewood for the fire pit in the back yard and two of the neighbor kids came by to say hi. A jet flew over at that moment (we live under the north flight corridor out of IAH), and I told the kids to look up at the jet. I always look up anytime a jet goes over, one of the things I like about that house! Well, it was a noisy jet, but just a little one, nothing remarkable, so I went back to getting firewood. But then both of the kids, very excitedly, started yelling, "look at the parachute, there is a parachute coming down!" They were
so enthusiastic about what they were seeing, I looked up but could not see anything immediately. But the kids could still see it and pointed it out to me.

Then, I saw it! It was not a parachute, but it was very brightly colored, that is why they probably thought of calling it a parachute! It was following in the path of the jet that had just gone by, and I did not have but a couple of seconds to watch it before it went behind the clouds and was gone. It made no noise, even though it's altitude was not that great, maybe four or five thousand feet (planes taking off over our house should be at 3,000 feet before they climb up to their flight level). My memory wants to say it was orange, but a deep color of orange like the old Denver Broncos uniforms (not burnt orange!). It seems in my mind's eye now that is did not look like a normal airplane, but it was flying in a straight line due north and was going pretty fast, I would estimate 200 mph. I said flying, but it seemed almost to be gliding. But gliding is not a good word, because that implies slowing down, not going faster like this thing was. (I looked gliding up in the dictionary and it is a good description after all, here is the definition that fits the way it looked: "to move smoothly, continuously and effortlessly", "to go or pass imperceptibly".

It seemed to have a bulbous body and short stubby wings. If it had not been going so fast, I might have called it a balloon! But now I do not know what the heck it was, it was certainly not like any airplane I have ever seen. So I told the kids we had just seen a UFO! They thought that was pretty cool. I just regret that I did not get to see it longer than what I did, because it all happened so fast, it is hard to grasp the concept of what is really was. A few more seconds of watching it and I probably would have discerned it to be something logical, but now I can only consider it as something not of this world!

Thank you to the witness for the excellent report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: