Thursday, May 10, 2012

7 To 12 Flickering Yellow Orange Lights Seen In The Sky From South Orange County California (Video Footage)

 
Date:  May 8, 2012
Time:  Approx: 9:00 p.m.
 
Hi, we figured these were military flares near Camp Pendleton, but since we could find no mention of them in the news since, here goes.

My wife and I were in our backyard around 9:00 p.m. in South Orange County, CA when we saw these lights ranging from about 7 to 12 in number. We live in the hills with a great view about 20 miles inland, and this was definitely over the ocean, probably around Dana Point, CA.
 
It looked like a loose grid of four flickering yellow/orange lights, with maybe another two or three lines of the same lights below, sort of hovering.
 
There was a lot of flickering and distortion (burning?). It faded out and went dark about twice for 30 seconds each time, then reappeared in a similar formation. All told we saw them for almost five minutes.

I tried to film it twice, first with my cell phone camera (attached) and second with a small point-and-shoot camera. Neither could focus in the dark. I assumed others would have seen these and gotten good film, but I have not heard one mention of it, which is baffling since they were very large and there for so long.
 
I thought for sure these would be on the Ocregister.com the next day.

I'm a skeptic but one thing I definitely appreciate now is how hard it is to photograph something like this when you are not expecting it. I fumbled and failed with two cameras, and if I had planned ahead, I could have grabbed my true video camera off the top of the fridge which has night-mode. I'm thinking that if I had done that, I bet my footage would be on the local news.
 
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/
 
The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: