Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hennepin County, Minnesota Bright Object (Photos)

Posted: January 19, 2008

Date: August 31, 2006 Time: 7:51 - 8:15 p.m. CDT

Brian: I think you are my best bet, though I am not sure what we saw was "Alien". Observation Position: 45d N lat; 93d W long.

My mate and I spotted a bright tiny orb almost directly overhead. As it grew brighter it appeared to be spinning so we got the binoculars; with them, we saw a number (3 -5) of smaller, variably bright spots seem to break away from the large one. These headed north about a degree, separating to about 15sec apart; one wandered back towards the original spot then reversed its course and headed toward the farthest one to the north. As they merged, this spot appeared to explode into a bowtie shape made up of many tiny sparkling spots spreading out about 30sec east to west. The smaller spots faded; the "explosion" faded; and the largest, stationary spot appeared to move away; that is, it faded to pink and finally disappeared without appearing to move much. Using the assumption that these objects were reflecting the setting sun, we figured the altitude of this event was about 20 -30 miles above the earth. As the sky grew dark, the star Vega appears almost exactly where the event occurred.

It was certainly an unidentified object to us, though it seemed more "star wars" like than extraterrestrial. (The US admitted conducting a "Star Wars" type test the following day.) All I want to know is: did anyone else see it? This was whole little drama in the sky that must have been meant for someone to see.

Thanks for the forum.

Hello Brian, I live in Hennepin County, in a little town called Wayzata (pronounced wye - ZET- tah). I notice I forgot to specify the times as PM. I can't think of much else. I can tell you it spooked me for a moment as it was so directly overhead and there was so much apparent debris I thought it was conceivable some of it might come down on us. And of course, the thought of purposeful explosions of any sort going on overhead was disconcerting. Let's see, there was no fire or smoke connected to the explosion, but then I wasn't glued to the binoculars as we were passing them back and forth at first, so we may not have seen it. The primary object was visible to the naked eye, but the little moving objects and the bowtie debris field were only visible through the lenses.

I can add that when I tell others about it, their first reaction is always, "You've seen a star wars test." No disbelief, no real surprise- just a bland response. My husband took pictures, which of course produced nothing more than a bright white dot in a sky-blue field. I've attached these, and you may use them, as well as my report.

The photos are copyrighted to the owner, or the person who took these pictures.

Thank you to the witness for sending in the report and photos.





Please click on the media section below to view the photos.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: