Sunday, January 20, 2008

50 Miles North Laredo, Texas Over Rio Grande River Cylindrical Object With Skids

Posted: January 20, 2008

Date: September 3, 2006 Time: 10:15 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Large, cylindrical/with skids underneath.

Full Description of event/sighting: I was patrolling slowly along the dirt road that parallels the river, as I was on Border patrol with the Texas Minutemen. I was driving slowly along the road, which was quite muddy, as we had just had a lot of rain. I was stopping often, and observing the country and brush with my binoculars, as I was looking for illegal aliens. I had started patrolling around 7:00 a.m. that morning, going northward at an average speed of maybe 15 mph, as the road was rough, and I stopped periodically to glass large vistas. At about 10:15 a.m. I was pulled over, with my engine shut off, and was observing a large panorama from a small hill I was on top of, as the road made its way along the Rio Grande River, about a mile or two off to my left. Weather was fair, with broken, large white cumulus clouds. My attention was drawn to a flash of sunlight from up in the sky to the northwest of my position. I observed an object in the sky at an elevation of approximately 1/2 mile above the ground.

It was hard to tell with my naked eye what it was, so I threw my 10X50 binoculars up on it and was shocked by what I saw! The object was huge! It was about 10-12 miles away, but was still huge in the glasses. The closest thing I can compare it to would be a giant propane tank, like you would see in a propane supply yard. You know, the main tank for filling everything. It appeared to have some kind of structure underneath it, much like the supports under a giant propane tank. What was amazing, was that the object was just sitting there, absolutely motionless, with clouds rolling right past it, and on either side of it. It was hovering absolutely motionless in the sky. I watched it for about 5 minutes or so, and finally remembered that I had my camcorder with me, and tried shooting the object, but clouds had enveloped it by the time I got it ready to roll. By the time the clouds cleared in the area again, the object had disappeared. This object was much to large to have been a blimp, of which I have seen many. The object had some kind of writing, or a symbol on its nose, that looked black. Object appeared to be metallic. Object had to be at least 100 feet long, or longer.

Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: