Monday, January 14, 2008

Los Angeles, California A Huge Sphere Of Light

Posted: January 14, 2008

Date: November 1 2005 Time: Approx: 5:40 p.m.

Hello Brian: I want to report a curious phenomenon I witnessed on November 1 2005, at around 5:40 p.m. (recently adjusted daylight-saving time) from central Los Angeles. What forces me to report this experience is that it bears an eerily similarity with one I read today (November 3) on your website, though the time and day of that report are different from mine. However, this could either be an error on their behalf while recording the event, or a completely new case, possibly repeating the patterns -down to the minute- of the event I witnessed the day before.

I was coming back from a short walk on Nov. 1, at about 5:40 p.m., the sky almost completely dark with some high-contrails and clouds due in part to the recent unseasonable hot weather. As I was looking at the sky -something I ALWAYS do- I caught a glimpse of a sharp white object crossing the sky in a perfect straight horizontal line, completely parallel to the ground. This I was able to check very easily, since the object followed a path that was framed right in between to power lines that run on that street. I was facing straight up North, and the object flew an East-West trajectory, at about 40 degrees over the horizon. It must have covered about 45 degrees of my visual field, roughly coinciding with the available space framed by trees to my left and right.

Because of its speed -tremendous to say the least, much, much faster than satellites, missiles and jets- I can only think of a meteor, though what I saw didn't resemble a meteor. Meteors have a certain way of crossing the sky: they leave ionization trails and dust particles as they cross the sky, that usually remain visible for a few seconds. They have defined phases, entering the atmosphere almost invisible to the eye, then starting to glow -usually leaving debris behind them- and then fading away. All this happens within a few seconds, sometimes even less, but these are all recognizable phases in the life of a meteor.

What I saw, instead, could easily be described as a huge sphere of light, very far away, emitting a constant luminosity and flying in a perfect line at a tremendous speed. I tried to follow its path, but some large trees obscured my view, and when I jumped back to be able to see again, the light was nowhere to be seen.

I would agree with the other witness' report in the description of a 'white streak', though I believe the perception of the streak was merely caused by the speed at which the object traveled. The object itself had the definition of a white glass sphere, slightly hazy, though these could have been the effect of the high cirrus clouds and the contrails.

I've seen all kinds of aircraft, satellites and meteors in my life: this I have never seen before.

Sincerely,

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: