Monday, July 5, 2010

Orange Glowing Flickering Objects Over Omaha Nebraska

Date: July 5, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:00 p.m.

Was checking online to see if anyone had similar stories about strange orange lights in the sky tonight and saw your web page: http://www.sightings.com/1.reports2010/bellevilleIL07042010.html dated July 4, 2010.

Nine adults and 4 children in Omaha, Nebraska saw 3 orange glowing/flickering things in the sky at dusk, an hour or so before fireworks began on July 5, 2010. SO, lets say about 9:00pm CST tonight. They didn't seem to be connected, although one adult thought one might be pulling a second one. They appeared about 2 times total, as if they were circling just east of us and we saw the western edge of the circling each time they came around. Could have been 6 total, though not really sure.

We have a lot of trees in our neighborhood, so we couldn't tell if they had circled or more were following the original 3. Two adults had just driven in from lake of the Ozarks... 5 or so hours away in central Missouri... and said people saw the same thing there the night before. They appeared to be in somewhat of a line. Not a perfect line, but as if they were following each other. First two seemed closer together, then trailed by a third.

Theories from the kids? Hot air balloons, because it looked like fire was seen. Theories from the adults? Someone mentioned Chinese lanterns or something like that, but a mile in the sky or more. We all saw what looked like fire. At first it looked like airplanes on fire, but there were no usual airplane lights. We typically have helicopters over our neighborhood (police and hospital/trauma), but these were definitely not those. Plus, our city doesn't even have 3. That's all I know, but wanted to share the info. Thanks.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw a bright orange oval shaped thing smoothly travel across the sky, above the tree line, near by where I live. I was driving myself home around 9 PM last night, July 28, 2012. I was alone. The orange thing smoothly moved from East to West, then it changed direction and actually came towards me, then just stopped and hovered above. This is in the Philadelphia, PA, suburbs, and there were no other cars around. So I stopped my car, shut off the radio and AC fan so I could hear if it made a noise like a remote controlled thing. I say thing, because it did not look like a plane or helicopter, just a smooth, slightly flickering from within, bright orange oval. I rolled down the window and discovered there was no noise. I told my husband, and we retraced my drive the next night. We saw nothing like it. Then my son and his girlfriend came over for a visit. I told them of the orange thing. They laughed and said it was probably one of those floating paper sky lanterns. I looked it up on the internet, and I believe this is what I saw. Same color, size, shape, flickering because of the candle inside. The flame makes heat, which makes it rise, the breeze moves it smoothly across the sky. If there is a current, the thing can change direction. Here is a link to the lanterns: http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Lantern-Wishing-Festival-Christmas/dp/B0064432Y2/ref=pd_sim_hg_5. I'm going to buy an orange one and see if it looks like what I saw. I feel so much better knowing it wasn't a UFO. I don't want to believe UFO's exist - the thought terrifies me. Janet