Monday, December 20, 2010

Large Meteor/Fireball Over Fredericksburg Virginia

Date: December 14, 2010
Time: 5:49 a.m.

I was on my way to work on Tuesday, 14 December 2010 at 0549 EST traveling on Route 3 east towards Fredericksburg about 6-7 miles West of Fredericksburg, approximate coordinates 38°18’N 77°37’W, and I saw a bright meteor with a fire trail below and about 10° east of Venus which was at an altitude of 22° and an azimuth of 127°.

The object was probably at an altitude of 10° and an azimuth of 115° when I first saw it and it traveled in an southeasterly direction (going down and to the left from my perspective)

It lasted for 2-3 seconds and was very bright, it was brighter than Venus and also I could almost discern a visible disk with the bright gas/flame trailing by about 2°-3°. I was wondering if anyone else had seen it and came across your website and the report http://unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com/2010/12/yellow-ball-of-lights-fall-from-sky.html

I don’t know if what I saw is related to that report, what I saw was definitely a large meteor/fireball.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com//

No comments: