Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Loud Booming Sounds And Bright Flashes In A Clear Sky Experienced 17 Miles East Of Grand Marais Minnesota


Date:  Mid July of 2006
Time:  Approx: 2:00 a.m.

My "light" experience occurred the middle of July of 2006.  My family was staying at my in-laws cabin (which is 17 miles east of Grand Marais, Minnesota) as we did every summer.

My husband, at that time, and I were both teachers in Texas and we stayed at the cabin every summer or camped on the site even before it was built. It is in a very remote area and heavily wooded.

One night, I woke up in a start. I actually thought to myself, "Ok, why am I awake?" I listened for kids and critters, but heard nothing. The bed was up against a west facing window and the other window was on the adjacent wall facing south. 

I was just laying there looking at the ceiling and “boom”! There was a flash of light in the window, like a flash from a 1930's camera right in your face.

I thought, "what the heck was that?" It happened 3 more times, but each time it was moving more and more behind the house.

It came from way up high because when it happened behind the house, I could see it was lighting up the tops of very tall trees. It wasn't a helicopter because the light didn't trail.

It just popped! It wasn't lightning because it made no sound and was making specific movements around the cabin. 

It wasn't car headlights. I've stayed there for 10 years and had never had this happen.

Plus the main road is at least 40 wooded yards in front of the house and behind the house there are no roads at all because it's a heavily wooded state park. 

I woke up my husband and told him to watch the windows. We sat there for a few minutes and then, “boom”! Right in the window above the bed He yelled, "what the heck was that?" We waited a few more minutes and it didn't happen again. 

When we got some courage, we went upstairs to the main floor. It was almost 2:00 a.m. We went out on the deck and it was a beautiful night, not a cloud in the sky.

I can't express enough how bright the light was, blinding.

Don't have a clue what it could have been. Very weird.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments: