Thursday, December 27, 2007

1958 - Between Columbus & Laurel, Montana Long Cigar Shaped Craft

Posted: December 27, 2007

Date: 1958 Time: 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 6 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Long cigar shaped vehicle with portholes.

Full Description of event/sighting: I am writing this report on behalf of my two aunts and my grandparents who are now deceased. My cousins who were about 4 and 5 witnessed this too. This involved six members of my family. In 1958 they were driving back to Billings from Red Lodge. They were between Columbus and Laurel and there were no other or maybe one or two more vehicles on the highway at the time. As they came up over a rise, they saw a huge long cigar shaped object just cresting over the Beartooth mountains, which are the highest mountains in Montana. Comparable to the Tetons in Wyoming.

This object must have been huge, because they could see portholes in the side of it, or what they took to be portholes. They may have been lights, but they could not tell at the time as it was mid-day! This object was silvery in color and sort of blunt nosed at each end. The weird thing was, there were no wings so it wasn't a plane obviously, and it was something none of them had ever seen in their long lives.

They pulled over on the highway to watch it, and this thing must have been traveling hundreds of miles an hour as it crested the Beartooths in a totally straight forward direction, flew directly over them and the valley of the Yellowstone river and as they kept watching, it eventually got directly over the Pryor mountains, so a distance of about 120 miles in seconds and when it got over the Pryors, it just sunk straight down into the mountains, much like a helicopter would if it was landing. Well, this was absolutely no helicopter or anything of this Earth as far as they were all concerned. My grandfather was born in 1885 so he had pretty much seen it all, but this was much different! They were all completely spellbound watching the speed of this thing and how when it got over the Pryor's it just went straight down.

Oh, and the whole time this object was cruising through the sky over their heads, there was no noise what so ever they could hear, but the weird thing was that there was a cloud like formation that sort of shimmered in front of this object as it sped along. This cloud thing looked like a regular cloud basically but it had some color to it, pinks and blues. It was in front of the object the whole time even as it descended into the wilds of the Pryor mountains. This was an event that my family has talked about for years...even before I was born which was in 1967. It affected everyone very deeply as this was an experience they would never forget and never have. My two aunts are now in their 80's and my grandparents are gone now. My cousins were too young to really remember anything, but they heard their moms talk about it all the time, so they are very familiar with the sighting too.

By the way, it was a totally blue sky that day in 1958 except for the cloud-like formation that proceeded the object as it sped across the Beartooths, the valley of the Yellowstone and eventually it's landing spot in the Pryor mountain range. Thanks for taking the time to read this Brian, and for having such a great site. We finally felt comfortable enough to go public with this sighting because of your site, so you have our deepest gratitude. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, and I do not mind my name being used at all regarding this incident. If I can think of any more to add to this sighting or if I forgot something, I will certainly be back in touch with you. Like I said, feel free to contact me if you have more questions. I think this was an important sighting considering the time period, so I hope it helps with your work.

Take care and thanks again.

My deepest thanks to the person for sending in this very interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: