Friday, December 28, 2007

Hemlock River Near Amasa, Michigan Oval UFO Sighting

Posted: December 28, 2007

Date: 1970 Time: Dawn

Mr. Vike, I thought I would email you about the Ice Circle on the Hemlock River, because it is of particular interest to me. I grew up within a mile of this location, and my family owns a farm close by. This land has been in our family for over 100 years. I heard about the ice circle when I visited home at Christmas. My father, who still lives near this site, told me about it. My husband and I drove over to the site, but of course the circle was no longer there. Nevertheless, I thought I would tell you about two other interesting events that occurred right along the Hemlock River within a mile of this location. When I was a teenager, (I was born in 1953) I was visiting my grandmother at our farm one morning and she told me about strange flying objects she had seen early that morning. My grandmother was from Finland, and spoke limited English - she did not read English magazines, etc., and had never heard of something called a "UFO". Yet what she described to me was a classic UFO sighting. She even tried to draw the shapes of the objects she had seen. Interestingly, they were following the path of the river.

The second strange event was several years later. I was driving home with my brother and his family. We had driven straight through from Ohio, through lower Michigan, over the bridge, and were finally within a mile of home - right along the Hemlock. It was about 2 a.m., and we were eager to finally be home. Suddenly - in one instant - everything around us was as bright as day - but with an orange tint - the light lasted for about 2 seconds. All we could do was look at each other and say, "did what I think just happened happen?" Our only conclusion was that maybe a meteorite had hit somewhere.

Neither of these accounts really are that remarkable - but except for that fact that taken all together, and all within a mile of the same spot, (our humble little river - barely a few feet deep) I thought you might be interested. Sincerely.

Additional Information Below:

Brian, I wish I still had the drawing my grandmother made, but this would have happened in about 1970, and I didn't think to save it. To the best of my memory, she drew a sort of a crude oval, and the thing that she found strange, was the speed at which it moved, then turned sharply- and she mentioned lights that changed colors. She saw this object at dawn - that's about all I recall her saying. As I said, English was not her first language, and this was something she had a hard time describing, as it was beyond anything she was familiar with. She said that it had come from the south, and gone north - along the river.

The witness is referring to a report she read on the website for: *Lights & Ice Circle Hemlock River - Near Amasa, Michigan*

Thank you to the witness for relating the information.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: