Friday, December 28, 2007

Los Angeles, California Fiery Apparition

Posted: De4cember 28, 2007

Date: April 1970 Time: 9:00 am

Location: Los Angeles. Number of witnesses: 3 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: fiery apparition

One Saturday morning when I was 13 years old, I was walking with my brother and sister down Beverly Boulevard in Los Angeles. We were bored, and headed to no place in particular. The weather was sunny. Traffic was heavy on the street.

We came upon the old building that was three stories tall and 150 feet wide. It seemed to be five office suites joined together. Between the building and the boulevard was a concrete sidewalk. Visitors normally parked on the curb, or parked their cars behind the building (instead of in front of it, as with today’s strip malls). On this morning there were no cars parked in the street, but there was a lot of traffic whooshing by. (Beverly Boulevard is a main thoroughfare.)

All the windows of the building had been painted over, and there was no lettering or signs on it anywhere. It seemed abandoned. As I walked down the sidewalk with my brother and sister, I pulled on the handle of the front door of each office suite, just goofing around. The first two doors were locked, but the third was unlocked.

Opening the door, I stepped inside, followed by my brother and sister, and stood in an empty room that was thirty feet wide and twenty feet deep. On the back wall (opposite the front door) was a stairway with a banister that ran diagonally up the wall. At the top of the stairway was an opening to a second-story hallway that led farther back into the building. The room was silent. We could hear traffic in the boulevard outside.

I looked around at the empty room, wondering what the place had been used for, when my sister said, “What’s THAT?”

At the top of the stairway was a “devil face,” three feet tall, and floating in midair: a giant face with no body. It was a sheet of orange flames, and seemed to be staring at us with demonic eyes and a smiling mouth. It started down the diagonal stairway, moving sideways, continuing to face toward us, rocking side to side as it descended. At no time did it make any sound. My siblings and I watched it for a few seconds, stupefied. Then we fled the building and ran all the way home.

Five years later I returned to that same building, curious to find out what happened, but the door was locked. (By that time I was living in Phoenix, but I often returned to Los Angeles to visit friends.) Five years after that, I returned once more, and once again the doors were all locked. In 1990, I returned yet again, but the entire structure had been torn down.

In 1990 (twenty years after the experience) I asked my brother and sister about the apparition, but they claimed to have no memory of it. (???) We were not dreaming. This happened 37 years ago, but I still think about it from time to time, trying to make sense of it.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: