Saturday, March 3, 2012

Strange Glowing Lights Seen Over Southeast Portland Oregon (Picture)

 
Date:  March 2, 2012
Time:  Approx: 8:00 p.m.
 
Did anyone else report the strange glowing lights that crossed the sky over SE Portland tonight. My family and I witnessed the event around 8:00 p.m. and can't figure out what they were.
 
When we returned from dinner and got out of the car, we witnessed a single very intense light that had a red glow, almost scanning in front of it, travel what seemed to be too slow for an airplane and very steady across the sky from Mt. Scott to the north.
 
There was no sound and no blinking lights and then it faded into the cloud cover probably over Marine Drive. When it disappeared, another became visible from the same area where we first saw the first and did pretty much the same thing.
 
Again, no sound and/or blinking lights. I have seen a lot of strange stuff in my time, but this made me feel real weird. My family and I can't figure this one out.
 
I was able to grab some binoculars for the second one, and didn't make out any type of shape.
 
That's how the scanning affect was conceived. Just a very intense light almost floating across the sky with a red glow to it. My daughter was able to capture on her phone camera, and that looked even weirder.
 
Although not a good picture, strange still. Hope were not alone or this has a good answer to it. Thought I should tell someone as when I called the non-emergency police, they hadn't heard of anything and sent me to the airport people that said the same.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

4 comments:

Mars.Blaze said...

I spotted the same lights as I was walking into the gym. I didn't report it though. I spotted a colorful band of light that made a slithering motion to the southeast from Vancouver, WA.

Mars.Blaze said...

I saw the same lights I believe. It was a band of colorful lights that seems to slither to the southeast of Vancouver.

Anonymous said...

I seen something in the same direction as if it was above vancover from a dark locaition in canby, at about 2 am we seen samething to the west alot higher in the sky then the one to the north, we also seen one to the south, and one to the east, all from a canby oregon location. looking at the one to the north it seemed to be the closeest to us. all of them flickering red, blue, green,and white lights. not moveing at all for 3 or 4 hour's, except the one to the north as we were looking at them and just notecing them all . the one to the north, all the sudden was alot lower in the sky then were it was minits befor when we first seen it. but stayed same spot. and are still in the sky now at 5:08 am.tedotheotodd@gmail.com


malotu said...

My partner and I saw the same type of event tonight between 9:30 and 10 pm. We are in ne Portland Alberta arts area. The lights were coming from the south. Then at 9:45 we were walking to the store and saw another from the east. Saw five total. They were like balls of fire , changing color red to white to blueish. Moving from above the tree line up into the clouds where they disappeared. I would describe the movement as hovering or floating, but sometimes they would stop then seemingly fly across the sky in a line to the east. It was all very irregular. There was no observed sound. we could not make out a definite shape.