Thursday, December 27, 2007

Scranton, Pennsylvania A Landed Flying Saucer

Posted: December 27, 2007

Date: 1968 - 1969

HBCC UFO Research Note: I telephoned the lady who filed this report to me and we had a long and very nice conversation. She explained to me what took place and what she saw in the photos. Also the lady went onto tell me about a Black Triangle sighting she and her husband were witness to. This huge craft flew slowly over the road and above their vehicle. Other people pulled their cars over and stopped on the road to watch this same craft. The lady, who's name is Judy also did a telephone interview with me for the radio show I host and this will be aired this coming Sunday, April 15, 2007. So tune in, a very interesting report. Also I would like to make a request that if anyone knows of the a person holding these photos, or anyone who knows anything about this sighting would they please contact me here at HBCC UFO Research.

Hi, I don't know why I have ever reported this before, probably because I am not in touch with the student involved nor do I have the pictures. This happened in a community college English course where I was trying (as we teachers do) to drum up some interest in anything to a group of listless students. So, I started talking about UFO's. I saw several boys in the back row poking one of their group and saying "tell her." So, I asked him and after some coaxing he told this amazing story: His hobby was photography and he had a number of cameras. On this occasion he and some buddies had gone to visit his sister at her college near Wilkes Barre, Pa. (Having grown up in the Scranton area, I was familiar with the locale.) As they were fooling around in the nearby woods they came upon a landed flying saucer. As he had two cameras with him, one of which had a telephoto lens, he started taking pictures. Several of the other fellows started throwing rocks at it. The rocks made a "ping" when they hit.

They then became frightened and ran off. When he came home he sent the pictures off to Eastman Kodak to be processed. These were color photos which he did not have the equipment to process. Eastman Kodak returned on two or three of the shots with a letter explaining that such photos were routinely confiscated and if he wished further info he should contact the Dept. of Defense. (His sister did so but got no response.) Anyway, I asked if I could see the pictures. He seemed reluctant but he brought them in. WOW. The pictures showed very clearly an oval shaped "craft: apparently of polished aluminum with a greenish haze around it. I have never to this day seen any pictures as clear cut or as close as this was. The student told me that the haze was actually blue to the sight but came out as green. He took the pictures home. When several other teachers expressed interest, I asked him if he could bring them in again. He was obviously so uncomfortable that I apologized and dropped the subject Unfortunately he dropped out of the class. I hope this incident was not the cause. I don't know whether this is of any interest or not. But I can assure you that when I see the currently available pictures of UFOs I have to laugh. This was the real thing. (Retired English Professor, Suffolk Community College, Seldon, L.I.) Currently living in N.Ft. Myers, Fl.

Additional Information

Hi and thanks for your interest. I would be happy to make a drawing but being an old lady (76) my knowledge of computer technology is elementary. I don't know how to send a picture. But the pictures were beautiful. The "craft" was a slightly elongated egg or oval shape. The metallic surface, like polished aluminum or steel, was quite lovely. And the greenish haze that surrounded it was breathtaking. I do not recall any markings or detail. It was apparently resting on the ground, or very close to it. Yes, I would be glad to talk to you about the sighting or any other info I might have. I regret that I didn't report this at the time but in that time period there really weren't too many serious UFO students. If you are interested, my husband and I drove directly under one of the famous Hudson Valley craft that was written up by Hynek. My husband had a private pilot's license (and had been in the Naval Air Corps) and we can assure anyone that this was no extra-light plane. I have followed the UFO scene over the years but just as an observer not as an active participant and certainly not as a groupie. Anyway, thanks for your kind interest and yes, I'd be happy to contribute whatever I can. Regards.

Thank you to Judy for the very interesting report and also for taking the time to speak to me on the telephone.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: