Friday, January 11, 2008

Houston Texas Unknown Black Object

Posted: January 11, 2008

Date: May 14, 2005 Time: Between 7:40 and 8:00 p.m.

I live in Houston Texas and on the evening of 5/14/05, between 7:40 and 8:00 pm, my wife and I were in Jersey Village, about 20 minutes NW of downtown Houston. We were driving west on FM 529 and I noticed something in the sky that was not moving. It was still pretty light outside. As we approached our turn, I could see the object very clearly so we pulled over at a Chevron station, on the corner of 529 and Fairview. I can't say exactly what shape this was, but it was not a definable triangle or anything like that. I guess it was more round than anything but it was not like looking at a ball or a disc, say like the moon. I suppose it's possible it could have been a balloon, but if it was, based on the distance and the size, it would have been one big balloon.

However, this object was black, not silver or white or anything like that. It was definitely black. And I don't know much about the operations of balloons, but this hovered in one basic spot for 10 minutes. There was no sound like you would here from a helicopter. After 10 minutes of sitting virtually in the same place, it began to very slowly drift to the south. It didn't seem to be gaining altitude, but it was hard to tell. The object never seemed to change in size, so I imagine it maintained the same basic altitude the whole time I watched it. There didn't seem to be any other serious observers, however, I did notice a couple of people briefly look up at it. There really weren't that many people around. But I asked one guy if he had any idea what it was. He said no and walked off as though he weren't too interested. Anyway, after it started to drift south, we watched it for another 5 minutes and during that time, it didn't seem to drift more that a mile or two. It's hard to say because I'm not a very good judge of distances like that. But it was still in our sight as we finally left because we had to be somewhere. As it was drifting away from us, it never took on any more of a discernable shape. It just continued to look the same as when we first saw it.

No lights or anything. Just what I refer to as a black spot. It never made any rapid movements or change in direction. It just sat idle for about 10 minutes and then drifted slowly to the south. I called our ABC news affiliate in Houston, Channel 13 KTRK but could only leave a message. As of yet, no one has called me back and I guess I don't expect them to. The only reason I'm writing you is I've been doing some Google searching on UFO sighting in Houston for this year, and I saw one reported back in March and then another in April. Well here it is in May, and apparently there's a lot more unexplained stuff going on in the Houston skies than what I realized. I have also been checking the news sources, online and otherwise, to see if anyone else had reported this. I have not been able to find anything. Anyway, thank you for your time and your ear. Please feel free to email if you'd like.

Thank you to the eyewitness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: