Monday, January 14, 2008

Miles City, Montana A Distinct Diamond Shape With Sharp Edges

Posted: January 14, 2008

Date: November 5, 2005 Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: 10 miles east of Miles City MT on US highway 12. Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 2 Shape of objects: Diamond

Full Description of event/sighting: I was driving east on US highway 12, alone on a dark moonless evening, about 10 miles east of Miles City, Montana at 80 mph when I suddenly noticed two intense white lights flashing in front and to the left of my car at the 11 o'clock position about 15 ft in front of my car. The lower light was about 15 ft above ground and there was another light directly above the lower light by about 10 ft. Both lights were the same intensity and brighter than car headlights, though smaller and had a distinct diamond shape with sharp edges. The vertical diameter was about 3 in. and the horizontal diameter. about 2 in. They were flashing in unison at intervals of about 1.5 seconds. They made no sound. It was clear that there was no craft involved and no physical connection between the lights was observed.

Over the following 10 seconds the lights moved first directly in front of my car and then to my right (south) to the 2 o'clock position, still about 15 ft away, still flashing in unison, vertical elevation unchanged. The lights were apparently moving at the same speed I was, i.e., 80 mph. As the lights drifted toward the 3 o'clock position over the next 30 seconds, I slowed the car and then stopped at a wide spot on the right side of the road. I got out of the car and viewed the lights, now stationary but still flashing at the same interval and still about 15 ft away from me. The lower light, about 15 ft above ground, was at the same height as the telephone or electrical wires on that side (the right side) of the road. Indeed, the lower light appeared to be directly on the wires, though I could not be sure. It could have been either a few ft behind or in front of the wires.

I continued to watch the blinking lights without changing frequency, size, brightness or position for about 3 minutes. I then got into my car and drove away. I could see the lights blinking in the rearview mirror, still apparently stationary, until I rounded a curve which obscured my view.

My reaction to the lights was intense intellectual interest (I am a MUFON Field Investigator for the state of Minnesota) but I remained calm and felt no physical sensations.

The most obvious mundane explanation is an electrical discharge of some sort from the wires. However, such discharges are normally irregular in frequency and are audible. This hypothesis would not explain the source of the lights while they were to the left of the road (where there were no wires) or while they were directly in front of me moving to my right, while I was moving at 80 mph.

The object remains unidentified.

Thank you to the eyewitness for this very interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: