Monday, December 5, 2011

Round Flaming Orange Objects Over De Witt Iowa (Video Clips)

 
Date:  November 23, 2011
Time:  7:00 p.m.
 
Number of witnesses: 3
Number of Objects: 4
Shape of Objects: Round with orange type glow/flames around it.
 
Full Description of Event/Sighting: I am a sky watcher and have been for years and I know what’s up there. I can spot satellites, meteors, space station, aircraft and I know the difference. This evening I saw something special. I went outside to let the dogs out and as usual, I look up.
 
To the west of our house just about the tree line, I saw to bright lights, thinking that there where two general aviation aircraft flying formations, but then I noticed that there where no navigation lights, just a glow. I measured the distance between the two objects and they where separated the distance between my index finger and thumb.
 
 
 
They where traveling from west to east and as they got overhead they started to fade. No sounds. I know they where higher then commercial traffic overhead because at the time of the sighting, there were several aircraft overhead and the objects where higher and traveling at a speed, just a little faster then what we see air traffic over head.
 
The objects tracked on a true heading to the east with not deviation and as the light dimmed I could see some type of object, kind of like how satellites look in the night sky. It’s not over yet, not more then 2 minutes later another object came into view.
 
This time I got my wife and daughter to check this out. I also got my binoculars and camera. They thought I was crazy at first, but then we all agreed that it was something we have never seen before. Behind the third one about what I call about 10 miles, only because I know that airliners cannot get closer then 5 miles apart in the air way overhead, was another object, same level, same brightness, no sounds.
 
 
 
The object I viewed with my binoculars looked like some type of fire ball without the flaming tails, just a glow, you could see the flames on the third object. No flame like a candle or anything I have ever seen. The last one traveled the same course, on the same track as the previous object.
 
I do have some video that I took with my camera if you would like them. There is not much to see, but you can hear what the viewers had to say.
 
Additional Information and video clips:
 
Yes, the sighting was really weird. I am a aviation watcher and have been for years. My hobby is in the sky. These things kind of spooked me out. I love the original movie "War of the Worlds" and the sighting made me think of that move. 
 
Anyway, we are still here and I will keep on watching.  The video sucks, sorry, it was taken with a small camera I carry around with me at all times, just in case. The cool thing is, after the first sighting which I saw two objects flying in a formation, I went inside to get the wife. 
 
You can hear her in the back ground in one of the video, she said something like you can see the fire coming from it. That was the third one. My little one, 20 year old Michigan State University student came out for the fourth one and it scared the crap out of her. 
 
She has been watching the sky ever since she was 4 years old, and if I don't know what it was, then she gets spooked. Anyway if you need any more information, call me anytime.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: