Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bright Green Object With Long Tail Over Phoenix Arizona (Meteor)

 
Date: December 31, 2011 
Time: Approx: 8:15 p.m.
 
My boyfriend and I were driving north and witnessed a bright green light with a long tail racing through the sky from the south to the north/NW. It lasted a good 5-10 seconds.
 
It was very mesmerizing and faster than any object we had seen before in the sky. The light started bright, and dimmed slowly over the 5-10 seconds that we saw it.
Possibly a meteorite?
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.
 
The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/
 
Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw it develop in plain view from a small bit of white light into it's full lime green color until it fizzled out. I was headed due east from Ahwatukee on Pecos Road towards the I-10. It started out very faint. I thought it was a low flying plane but I noticed there were no blinking lights which was odd. At the very beginning of it forming a tail, I thought I was a reflection of a fuselage or body of a craft but I soon realized it was a meteor of some sort. It formed a much longer tail as it brightened significantly and headed due north. It was striking as it seemed to go through low cloud but I'm sure it was way above that. It was a nice display!

Anonymous said...

A number of us were on Shaw Butte and saw this light.