Sunday, January 20, 2008

North Of Salem, Virginia A Torpedo Or Cigar-Shaped Object

Posted: January 20, 2008

Date: October 12, 2006 Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. (On a beautiful clear, cloudless Autumn day).

The day was so beautiful and the light so perfect and clear that I just had to be outside. So I went for a walk in woods near the golf course north of Salem, VA. Returning from the woods I had to cross an open field to get back to my car parked at the golf course. On the way across the field the sunlight became very enchanting to me and I decided to lie down in the grass for a while, soak up the sun, listen to the birds chirping, etc. As I lay there (feet facing slightly northwest), sun on my left, with my left arm raised to block out the very bright and clear sun, I began to play with trying to "look at the sky" to my right - north. (You can't really look at a clear sky - there is no point of focus for your eyes to rest upon - all you really see is an indefinitely-located blueness and after a while you start to get Brownian dots sparking all over the place.

As I was concentrating on these sparkling Brownian dots, I was suddenly very surprised to see a torpedo or cigar-shaped object that just popped into the sky overhead and to the right a bit, which would have been to the north. No wings. No sound. No contrail. Travelling in a straight line. Light in color, maybe silverish. Long slender body. I followed its path to the left, toward the sun, then lost it in the glare. My first thought was that it had to be a plane of some kind, and that its sudden appearance was a visual trick deriving from not paying attention, or perhaps it was a plane that had just dropped low enough in altitude to became visible.

Curious and intrigued, I looked back to the north and waited as the Brownian dots appeared again, and another object popped into view, same shape, same movement. It seemed to me that it appeared at the same spot in the sky, but I couldn't be sure because I had shifted my gaze away to follow the first one.

After that (and I still couldn't believe that these objects were just appearing out of nowhere), I made myself steadily look at the same spot in the sky for perhaps five minutes more, but although there were lots of dots of light, no other objects appeared.

As I headed home, I believed I had to have been seeing planes, but tonight, reading your latest sightings, I realized that these objects hadn't had wings.

Could these just have been planes? I intend to do this exercise again on another clear bright day and see what happens !

Thanks for reading - Sincerely.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: