Saturday, February 9, 2008

NE Kentucky, Near The West Virginia Border A Very Bright Light

Posted: February 9, 2008

Date: August 17, 2007 Time: Between 10:00 pm-10:30 p.m.

Hi Brian, On August 17th, I was visiting a relative who lives in NE Kentucky near the West Virginia border. We were sitting outside on her deck just observing the stars and watching for satellites. I'm not certain of the exact time of this sighting, but would guess it was sometime between 10pm-10:30pm EDT. As I recall, the weather was fair, with a little ground fog, no wind. The area is lighted by some street lights, but there is still a good view of the night sky. We had observed satellites on a north to south trajectory, and one on a south to north trajectory. Also, multiple airplanes flying at various heights and directions. There is an airport about 30 miles away, but air traffic into that airport isn't heavy. It consists mainly of commuter traffic.

Between 10pm and 10:30pm that night, my relative spotted a very bright light which appeared to be traveling slowly from a N-ESE direction. She drew my attention to it as I was looking another way. When I turned around, I immediately spotted the light in question as it was so bright.

The light appeared to be landing lights on a plane--it was that kind of illumination. But, then noticed there were no nav lights on it anywhere. My guess is the light appeared to be no more than a quarter mile away and perhaps at a 45 degree angle. ( It is hard for me to judge distances etc at night ). Also noticed that I couldn't hear any engine noise of any kind.

When I trained my binoculars on the light, I couldn't see any shape nor any nav lights. I did notice a sliver of green light ( a little darker than the green used in traffic lights) along the lower edge of this. This green color wasn't visible to the eye. I could only see it with the binoculars ,and it appeared in a half moon shape.

The peculiar thing was that it blinked out right when I was watching it through the binoculars. It was as if someone had turned a light switch off on it. I searched the sky for awhile, but neither saw or heard anything else. My estimate is that this was visible for about a minute and a half.

I checked the Heavens-Above site, but could find no satellites in the area at that time. (Thought perhaps I had witnessed an iridium flare.) The was the passage of the STS-118, but it was at an earlier time and according to that source the altitude and direction did not fit this sighting.

Am hoping someone from this area reads this and perhaps saw the same thing. There was nothing in the papers or news about any sighting. Thanks for your time! I enjoy your website and listening to your shows.

Thank you very much to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Also advertise your product with HBCC UFO Research, all advertising funds go directly to a new toll free UFO reporting hotline.

Details on how to Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters. *Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters*

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: