Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bright Orange Lights Over Shickshinny Western Luzerne County Pennsylvania

Date: July 4, 2010
Time: Between 10:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Good Morning, my name is (name removed) and I live in Pennsylvania. Specifically around Shickshinny, PA in Western Luzerne County. Sunday night (July 4th) somewhere between 10:30pm and 11:30pm, my wife and I were watching local fireworks displays and I kept noticing this super bright star in the sky. I found it intriguing, since it was so large and bright (it looked more like a flashlight pointing toward us).

As the fireworks were dying down a bit, I went downstairs for a moment. Suddenly, my wife called me and said to hurry back up and look at the sky. I looked out the window and just to the right of that bright star was this huge, bright orange light flying very slowly. It didn't look like a plane, since it didn't have any other blinking lights. Then I thought maybe a helicopter since we get quite a few of them flying around us, but we always hear them and usually never that late.

This light made no noise whatsoever and had no blinking lights to identify them as a plane or other commercial aircraft! We both ran downstairs to try to follow it as it left the view of that window, but we couldn't find it anymore on the other windows. So we just went back up to watch the rest of the fireworks.

As soon as we looked out the window again, we saw another orange light exactly like the first one. At this point we are freaking out a little bit wondering what this could be. It followed the exact same flight path as the other one and was glowing just as bright and big as the first one. The first one had more of a reddish glow and the second one was more bright orange.

They both looked bigger than that huge, bright star and flew very slowly and made absolutely no noise. I grabbed the digital camera, but couldn't get a fix on it. I can't explain what I saw, but it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I have always believed there was something more in the universe, but I know for sure now after Sunday night (and also reading the countless blogs and forums confirming the same sightings) that there must be something out there. But what?

Thank you for your time. I hope we can figure out what these are. It's definitely very interesting to me.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: