Saturday, January 8, 2011

Metallic Cigar/Saucer Shaped UFO Over Plummers Cove Jacksonville Florida

Date: December 31, 2010
Time: 2:30 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Jacksonville Florida.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Cigar/saucer shaped.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: We were driving over the Buckman Bridge (I-295) heading east. As we (my fiancé and myself) were coming over the span heading east-bound (on the east side) I looked out over an area called Plummers Cove, which was just to the east-north-east of our location on the bridge, when I spotted a cigar shaped object hovering low on the horizon, just over the tree line.

At first, I thought it was just a P-3 Orion Naval aircraft (we were just south of NAS Jax). But upon further inspection, it was not an aircraft. I was able to triangulate it's precise location as I was coming down the bridge, because there were tall objects in the distance (the south side radio tower farm) and I had a vantage point that was the same height as the object, which allowed me to see trees in the distance behind the object, which made it easy to tell the object was in front of them and just over the tree line just east of the river, about 50 feet above the trees.

The object was metallic and cigar/saucer shaped and had what looked like little protrusions coming from the bottom of the object. There was no vertical stabilizers and it was not a blimp. The object was about the size of a car in relation to the trees it was over and the trees that were behind it, in the distance. The object remained stationary over the the trees. Even as we were moving at a rate of about 65mph, the object never moved from it's spot.

Our visual of the object was lost when we went lower than the tree line on the far east side of the bridge (here the bridge is about 30 feet off the water).

I'm a pilot, I'm very well trained in aircraft recognition and have never seen anything like this. It was very strange.

Later that night, strange lights were also seen in the area by several people, that I later read about.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: