Tuesday, January 25, 2011

UFO Appeared To Be On Fire Over Port Orange Florida

Date: December 17, 2010
Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Port Orange Florida.
Number of witnesses: 4
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Fiery orb.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: It was early evening December 17th, 2010 around 7:00pm in the evening and my wife and I were leaving to run a few errands. Looking to the southeast I saw something that I still cannot explain, but am glad to see others have seen the same thing even though they are on different dates and in other parts of the country.

We live near Cape Canaveral and have seen plenty of Space Shuttle and rocket launches. Also I'm ex Air Force and have worked around all kinds of Military aircraft. What we saw that night was not any off these things.

Our viewing only lasted about 2 minutes under crystal clear sky's. The object was moving from S.SE to N. NW. and at first it was not very high up, I'd guess less that 5000'. By the time it was out of sight it was much, much higher and I would guess more than 100 miles away and moving a a very fast speed. When it did disappear it kind of faded from sight upward.

While the object was still closer to us my children ages 22 and 24 pulled into the driveway and were able to witness this also. They had missed probably the first 20-30 seconds of what we had seen.

Here's what I saw and kind of a replay of how my mind was processing what I was seeing.

I walked off of my front porch I looked to the south and saw it. I pointed it out to my wife and remember thinking that it must be a rocket launch because it is sort of in the direction of the Cape and this object looks like it is on fire. My mind quickly realized that it wasn't a rocket. They never shoot them over land, always over the Atlantic Ocean. Plus, it was much too low and the trajectory of the craft was at a slight upward angle, more parallel to the ground.

Then I remember thinking that its an airplane that was on fire, but I quickly dismissed that idea because it appeared to be much larger than any jet I've ever seen and it was climbing in altitude instead of heading down to crash as you would expect to see with a burning aircraft.

So we watched. I was waiting for the sound of the engines to help me figure out what this thing was, no sound. It was silently "burning" as it accelerated away.

My children and I both captured an image of the object on our cell phones, but unfortunately it just looks like a red dot against black.

As someone who has watched many a Space Shuttle disappear into clear sky's, both daytime and nighttime launches, I have to say this object, by the time it was out of sight, was moving just as fast if not faster...again, no sound. BTW, We can hear the Space Shuttle from 40 miles away.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: